2011 CVPI Jmod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 CVPI Jmod

Owner of this car contacted me at the end of 2015, just before the holidays about a Jmod on his car. Originally he was going to drive to the shop, but our schedules didnt allow it. Instead, I created a kit that was shipped to him and he installed all the parts he needed. The kit was a pre-drilled Tuff plate, new Sonnax shift valves, the required gaskets and new filter.

It is important to note that Ford corrected the pressure regulator valve wear issue and 2010 and newer transmissions have an updated pressure regulator valve from the factory. This new valve design has proven to not wear as the previous design did and does NOT require the installation of the Sonnax pressure regulator valve. it is still recommended to replace the boost valve and OD servo regulator valve as they tend to wear and cause pressure loss.

The owner expressed he wanted FIRM shifts, so I pre-drilled some the holes larger than I normally do;
    Hole 1 drilled to .160"
    hole 2 drilled to .113"
    hole 3 drilled to .180"
    hole 4&5 drilled to .116"
    hole 6 drilled to .160"
    hole 7 drilled to .093"
    hole 8 - not used
    hole 9&11 drilled to .125"
    hole 10 drilled to .093

Since holes 4&5 were being drilled larger than .093" it is important the open the gasket to match the size of the hole. I use a hollow punch for this task.

The parts were shipped to the vehicle owner and I emailed instructions for the assembly process. He reports shifts are perfect!
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

I still think there is a market for this.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
      I still think there is a market for this.
      I would agree.... the problem is most people dont understand what the Jmod does, much less the parts I include in the kit to resolve the pressure leaks caused by normal wear

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Follow directions.

Many have a problem with that step.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

this is true.

Comment

Working...
          X