No announcement yet.

EATC in a Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Looking forward to seeing how this mounts in a box dash.

I don't remember if there was a wire gauge difference on my '91 with the AC stuff. That car was retired earlier this year due to body rot.

One problem I had with my '97 control head was the temperature control would stop responding. Disconnecting the battery from the car would reset things and it would respond again. Display would change temp reading but the blend door did not move when it would act up.

Self test always showed errors for no signal for ECT and VSS, but I never did anything about it. The swap worked good enough for me and accomplished what I wanted which was to replace the broken levers of the stock '91 control head.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
      Should be pretty straight forward, mounting the head unit will probably be a bit different. And the BDA is the real question mark. (I had a manual control 89 I converted to late model manual rotary controls (hybrid mid90's f150 & crown vic parts).
      If the ATC blend door actuator is the same one for the 90/91 and the 89 it'll be no different than your install.

Lets see a pic of it.

Alex.
      Better 4.5 (almost 5) years later than never, I guess?

Daytime pic:

Nighttime pic with a few lights not working:
      Last edited by VicCrownVic; 12-20-2020, 01:46 PM.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
      X