No announcement yet.

88 Mercury Marquis engine upgrade advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reason I think that is because on spreadbore style carbs, many refer to the large secondaries as toilet flushers and the tiny primaries as tea sippers.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      reason I think that is because on spreadbore style carbs, many refer to the large secondaries as toilet flushers and the tiny primaries as tea sippers.
      Used to call Rochester Quadrajets the Quadratoilet since they dumped fuel and were good for shit, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        I'm thinking something like this:
        You got the general idea, but this is the particular Toilet I spoke of:
        http://www.ronsfuel.com/flying_toilet.cfm
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

ah... interesting.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
            Used to call Rochester Quadrajets the Quadratoilet since they dumped fuel and were good for shit, lol.
            LoL!

When I was growing up the old timers referred to them as "Quadrajunks". Guess in stock form on a stock car they were just peachy though. That's been my experience with the few stock carb cars I've driven. Never experienced a Rochester.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
            X