Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best late model factory radio? Double Din.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best late model factory radio? Double Din.

Anyone know of the best late model factory radio? So far I've only found a bluetooth one that looks fancy. I'm unsure if there was some 'premium sound' option for whales, like there was for boxes. I'm thinking of doing a little project and I like to use as many OEM parts as possible for quality and appearance. If anyone has any input on the situation, I'm in need.

This is the best radio I could source.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Factory-...9WYHaW&vxp=mtr

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Pretty sure that 6 CD is the one. Too bad double DIN's are so ugly.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
      Anyone know of the best late model factory radio? So far I've only found a bluetooth one that looks fancy. I'm unsure if there was some 'premium sound' option for whales, like there was for boxes. I'm thinking of doing a little project and I like to use as many OEM parts as possible for quality and appearance. If anyone has any input on the situation, I'm in need.

This is the best radio I could source.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Factory-...9WYHaW&vxp=mtr

The best late ford sytem was there jbl/Mach Audio system, you can grab the 3 way 6x9 speakers from a town car, 6x5 2 way from a 95-2001 continental, the jbl amplifier and associated wiring from a town car.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

There was a navigation headunit for the Town Car, my Sport came with that 6 disc changer headunit, "component" speakers and a sub in the back.
        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

I'm thinking more along the lines of the simple double din. A box JBL unit would suffice but they're as hard as a nipple in november to find.

I do believe you're right, Zach. About the 6 disk changer.

Find me a good single din for cheap, I can't seem to find any semi attractive ones that aren't straight out of a trailer park trifle.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

What about the Double Din navigation things or non navigation ones that came in Lincoln LS cars? Those had THX and crap. My pops has one in his and it sounds pretty decent. I have box JBL stuff if you're interested. If going aftermarket, take a look at Sony. I've got some GS-810xxxx or whatever in my car. Looks pretty good despite it being aftermarket. I don't like the way the knob lights up but that's the way it is. Also has legacy controls so you don't have to go into menus to lock in new radio presets ect.
            Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 03-14-2016, 03:08 PM.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
              Find me a good single din

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Town Car and Aviator both came with double din head units with navigation.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                  Who pisses with CD's anymore? Probably skips to beat the band anyway. As far as the aftermarket stuff goes I'm amazed you can't find a HiFi media player, the ones sold as of now are mid level at best.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Bobcat, if you're looking to put a late model EATC head in (even if just for looks), I think this would look right at home sitting above an Aero/Whale EATC unit.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I actually need a new one of those radios for my bronco.. I really wish they sold them in silver as some fancy high end unit.

If anyone happens to come about a cheap Navigator or Aviator radio, I'm your guy. Serge has sold me.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

The best DD factory radio (that can actually be plug and play) is the upgraded one from the Escape/Mariner. CD6 with the higher wattage and sub out. It looks just like the one you posted, I just don't know the part #s.
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I don't care if it's plug and play or not, I don't want any security bullshit. I'm on the fence about it but it'll come along soon enough. Still curious as what else it out there, it can be any manufacturer.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                          X