Any and all bracketry for a panther 351

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any and all bracketry for a panther 351

im after any bracket you may have, prefer to keep A/C functional but not the biggest concern. everything else is a must. ideally i would like to drop my new engine in and have everything SOMEWHAT line up. like PS, A/C (if possible), anything you got or info you possess, im game to listen. thanks everyone!
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

the only brackets that are different on a 351 are the AC and maybe the alternator bracket. Everything else is a direct swap from a 302.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

not sure exactly what you mean? like my 302 brackets swap over to this motor? does age make a difference, i have a 71 engine
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

AC bracket is 351w only.....alt bracket depends on whicj alt you plan on using (65/70 amp or 100 amp), I think everything else is the same, as far as panther brackets go....now what came on a 351w in 1971...who knows, I would compare what you have on the 351 to whats in your present car....

Comment

the timing cover bolt holes are in the same basic places for the water pump and damn near everything hangs off those bolts. The block and head mounting holes might be different, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're the same. I'd give it a shot and just see if the stuff will fit. Ford pretty much didn't change much, if anything, in regards to mounting points on the 302/351 windsor engines.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
            not sure exactly what you mean? like my 302 brackets swap over to this motor? does age make a difference, i have a 71 engine
            The p/s and alt bracket swaps over, that's what the other set of unused holes in it are for. Only difference is the metal top piece depending on if you have large case or small case, 3g's come in both flavors so it doesn't matter.

The a/c bracket is the different one.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

ahhhhh ok. i have the 255 currently which to my knowledge is the same as the 302 bolt on stuffs. i already have the 3g swap done. idealy id LIKE to have the a/c bracket if possible. not gonna hold my breathe though.

Comment

Working...
              X