No announcement yet.

'92+ F150 Remote Mount TFI and Distributor Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That mounting spot and especially the orientation may actually be worse than the stock TFI location but the last time I drove this car snow was still flying. I'll mount it somewhere else eventually.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I was thinking that about that mounting location. I'd at least mount it on the other side of that bracket.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Cool.

Now...what belt are you running on the alternator? I need a new one because I am maxed out on adjustment. Yours looks perfect!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the belt is the stock size (NAPA 025-060500 is what's on there).
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20160416_221702.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1279962
          When it's time to take it off I'll be cutting it off since it was that much of a pain to put it on. The shoulder on this 3G pulley is huge, but the 3G that it replaced had no problem with that same belt since it had a slightly smaller pully.

When I get another belt for a 3G I'll go with DAYCO 5060520 or equivalent. Rockauto has it listed for a 2010 Mazda 5 and Autozone has it listed for a 2010 Mazda 5 Sport.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
          X