No announcement yet.

88 Marquis big brake and suspension upgrade advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think folks are saying buy the hoes new. That is what I am saying.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
      I think folks are saying buy the hoes new.
      Mmm, new hoes! Gotta say I never really bought one, but I always end up paying for them one way or another... LOL

OP, the part for the calipers is called a caliper bracket, spindle bracket, caliper bridge - stuff like that. Reman calipers from the stor will often come with it, but there is a core charge for it. Actually there is core charge for the calipers as well. If you're eventually going to get the stuff new, might wanna compare what the cores will run with what the yard will charge you for them - sometimes it's actually cheaper to just eat the core charge.
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

RockAuto
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yes, there is that option as well. Definitely a good one too, the deals one can sometimes find there are downright riddiculous.
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
            Mmm, new hoes! Gotta say I never really bought one, but I always end up paying for them one way or another... LOL

OP, the part for the calipers is called a caliper bracket, spindle bracket, caliper bridge - stuff like that. Reman calipers from the stor will often come with it, but there is a core charge for it. Actually there is core charge for the calipers as well. If you're eventually going to get the stuff new, might wanna compare what the cores will run with what the yard will charge you for them - sometimes it's actually cheaper to just eat the core charge.
            Check oreillys and they have the brake caliper and bracket for $47 doesn't say anything about a core cost guess I will be getting that. I was looking at the hubs and there's 2 different ones. One is from master pro and one is from precision. What's the difference from the 2 companies

Comment

probably the sticker. Get the one with the longer warranty.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Never heard of either. Better warranty wins when information lacks.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you can use an abs or non abs hub. Get whatever is cheaper between the two types.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Right, in this application the hub only carries the wheel, from a functionality standpoint it matters not whether it has the exciter ring for an ABS sensor or not - so yes, do check out prices on both types, and grab hatever's cheaper. It may very well be the ABS hub is cheaper, I've ran into this before and the owner chose to run the ABS hubs even tho the vehicle does not have ABS, works just fine.

Comment

It can actually be difficult finding non-ABS hubs. I think my car has one of each on it.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Which is odd, considering most cars in junkyards seem to be of the non-ABS variety, at least from what I've seen.

Comment

Didn't have time to get the spindle at the junkyard this week but I was looking for rims I originally I wanted the 03-04 marauder for the 88mgm. But after looking at the prices I think Ima get the pi cv form a 06 I think they are 17x 7.5 I think they would fit any tire size recommendations.

Comment

Gonna need spacers for anything '03 and newer, the offset is different and they'll sit way inboard when installed on your car.

Comment

yeah, offset not even close to right on those. 98-02 are a direct swap, and some rims as far back as the mid 90s are 16".

Comment

Do y'all think these wheels will fit and do they make 16 inches white walls

Comment

Working...
                                X