No announcement yet.

88 Marquis big brake and suspension upgrade advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking that with those wheels, you would need spacers. could be wrong?
    Dodge has some 17" wheels that will bolt right on the big brakes with no spacers.
    And they look just like the Ford Fanblades found CV sport models.

Comment

Also wrong offset I believe. 17" as well, so it doesn't much matter if they make 16" white walls

Not much choice for whitewalls anymore. Bullitts would also look decidedly bizzare with them IMO. Those are more fitting for turbines or wire spokes or something more old school styled. Steelies with moonies and maybe some trim rings would do fine with whitewalls though.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I seen these on a 98 Marquis I like that they have a decent size lip. But is 150 okay of price

Comment

That's the HPP wheel. If it's an actual OEM wheel, it's made by BBS and worth every penny. I have seen them for way more than that. Though if you find a set in a yard, you'll pay that much for 4... they won't be as minty fresh, though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yeah those work well. There is a Mercury cap for them too, but not the easiest thing to find. Any 98-02 wheel works, but those are high up on my list of favorites.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's been a while but was looking for some wheels found these gonna go look at them today. Any thing I should look for to make sure there good?

Comment

I know one is bent a little but guy said it still hold air and it's only the lip. I think it could get fix. And if not I'll just use it as a spare when I find another one. How would I know if they are reall hpp wheels is there a code on them

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
                  I know one is bent a little but guy said it still hold air and it's only the lip. I think it could get fix. And if not I'll just use it as a spare when I find another one. How would I know if they are reall hpp wheels is there a code on them
                  what do you mean "real"
                  2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                  89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                  88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
                    what do you mean "real"
                    sorry ment to say like oem or aftermarket if they even made aftermarket ones

Comment

All bets lean towards factory. Watch out for corrosion of the aluminum. It will look like bubbling from under the paint. What are they asking?
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        All bets lean towards factory. Watch out for corrosion of the aluminum. It will look like bubbling from under the paint. What are they asking?
                        Got him down to 150 gonna look at them today hope the are in good shape

Comment

Pick them up and I'm liking them tires are okay but could use new tires. Original say 225/60/16 do y'all think bigger tires would fit kind of want fatter tires in the back

Comment

awesome deal for $150. Look way better than mine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

They are nice just finished cleaning them.

Comment

They are going to look good on the car.
                                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                                X