88 Marquis big brake and suspension upgrade advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elias View Post
    Original say 225/60/16 do y'all think bigger tires would fit kind of want fatter tires in the back
    You can run 235s too, but honestly I wouldn't mess with them, the difference in width wouldn't be very noticeable and the 225s tend to be cheaper and have wider selection to choose from. Plus with 4 of the same kind you can do the X-pattern rotation to keep them wearing evenly.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Nice you will love them. I payed twice that for absolutely filthy wheels with junk tires as I could not find these ANYWHERE.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I want white walls on it but not sure how I fell about the little white line. I want it at least 1/2-3/4 inch thick I seen some Michelin Symmetry Tire P225/60R16 97S but the line looks to small. On the original 215/70/15 the line looks bigger do y'all know why. Or where can I get close the original white wall line thickness

Comment

I've got a set of 94 upper arms loaded with poly bushings and new ball joints that I'll sell yah. All the hard work is already done.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
            I've got a set of 94 upper arms loaded with poly bushings and new ball joints that I'll sell yah. All the hard work is already done.
            I got the upper arms already. And I'm kind off likeing the looking for parts hahha.

Comment

Does anyone know why the wheels are called hpp I would really like to know

Comment

Is it because they came on cars with the "Handling and Performance Package"
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Okay been looking for tires. Haven't really found any good ones but did find some Michelin white walls but they wanted 990. So now I'm thinking what do y'all think of vogue tires. Are they any good. Not sure what tire I should run its 225/60/16 or 235/60/16. Which ones are y'all running? And why

Comment

I don't like white walls. Extremely limited selection and they all seem to suck. I have a set of Cooper Grand Touring CS-V's on the Towncar and so far I like them. Haven't got a lot of miles on them currently but so far they seem to handle and grip well. Quiet too. Haven't run them in the rain but they get good marks. 225 60R16. Speedo is accurate that way and its a common size so more selection.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok i mounted the rear hpp wheel but is it me or does it look like it need bigger tires. 235 instead. What do y'all think

Comment

It's the tires, that white band breaks up the look of the black sidewall and makes them look lower profile than they actually are. But if you feel that you need 235s, you can certainly install a pair on the rear. Not sure it will make any noticeable difference compared to the current 225s tho, the 235s are only marginally wider and taller.

The other thing is these cars do have fairly narrow rear axles, so the tires do sit a bit inboard of the fenders and thus look kinda lost in there. Doesn't help you any that you got the big ragtop extended roof too, that makes the tires look even smaller.
                        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Your back springs are overly tall, thats why the tires look small.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It been a while since I posted but bought a my dream car a 2003 Mercury marauder I've been driving the shit out of it. And the 88 been parked but now it's time to finish the break swap. Are these the bushing I need I saw it on another tread. It says from a 93 or do I need 94 since the upper arms are 94 or at they the same
                            http://www.energysuspensionparts.com..._victoria_1993

Comment

There's lots of bushings on that page... And not to be a dick, but if you have '94 arms why the fawk are you looking up a '93 car??? But yeah '93 and '94 should be the same, '92 as well. '95-'97 are different fronts, but rears are all the same till you hit '98 with the Watts linkage emergence.

Comment

Nice addition
                                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                                X