No announcement yet.

CVGT speaker build up/setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sir, this one is not. Grey like you say with the Ford-JBL logo but in this instance it has the same harness as my '85 LTD had, so if it is compatible internally it would need to have adaptors fabbed up.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

thats an odd one then. The one I know has the same connectors as the 88+ radio. Must be an early version or something.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I keep forgetting to take pics.

Comment

There! Finally uploaded what I was talking about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hm, very strange. Wonder if its the same innards, but just different connectors. It looks like the connectors used on the old football amp. The amp itself looks like the usual one.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

crossover year weirdness?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Probably. The earliest I've physically had my grubby little mitts on was an '87, and it was the same JBL amp that I'm familiar with, though it had a radio that looked like the one above. Different plugs though. This might be '86 specific or something.

Comment

This radio was pulled from an '87. Probably an early build. I've only seen one other JBL amp like this at a boneyard. The connectors are the same as the silver football? Should see if VCV wants to test this thing out. I'm wondering if it accepts line level inputs, could use it in my Firebird.

Comment

Working...
                  X