Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
    Keep it clean folks.

Call each other out, but not in the tech forums. Save that for the Battlefield.
    Move it to the Battle Field and let it rip, I've been waiting for this for years!
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

actually I have better things to do and dont want my help or modification suggestions screw it
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Just keep the future mod suggestions within your realm of actual knowledge combined with not goving false credentials and all parties involved win without the need for anyone to be doled out a spanking.
        Allot of learning sponges here which is great, we/they really don't need mis-information (eg 10psi is like doubling a 302 into a 604)

Back to the original discussion, i'de defenitly add that buying a used turbo is like buying a well used set of underwear... Non of the history they have is a good thing for you. They are nice and cheap turbos brand new, look after it from new and snag a nice cheep kit with piping and couplers. Their plain steel turbo manifolds/headers are great pieces too. All the little stuff really adds up... I'd not take on the tubo project until a good 2Grand is sitting their.
        Hopefully some others who have ran turbo (non-linear relation to rpm like a supercharger) on ford computers will chime in with how well the setup can meter/fuel the air. Corral would likely have lots of good info in that aspect of foxbody stuff.

Good luck buddy, would be killer with a turbo
        Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
        HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Your going to find widely mixed reviews about "Chinese" turbos. Apparently the big thing is proper oiling, some late model cars make very high oil pressure, and from what I've researched some need an oil feed restrictor, others are burning up with the restrictor. Either too much pressure and your blowing oil out of the seals or not enough and the bearings fry.

The magical number(from my searching) seems to be 40-50psi, over that use a restrictor. You can always build your kit, use a cheap turbo and get a little tuning in before stepping up to a better turbo. Borg-Warner has some pretty good, cheap turbos out there $400 and up and I don't hear anybody complaining about them.

Good luck
          '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

gUESS WHO BOUGHT OUT sCHWITZER .........Bog Warner
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by sick88tbird View Post
              C'mon turbo2256b, we've already been though this, please stop posting incorrect information and outright lies as fact. You know not of what you speak and you have claimed to be Bob Natkin, which you're not, everyone here knows you as "David"...and no, that's not the real Bob Natkin's middle name or anything of that sort...oh yeah, the Bob Natkin you claim to be, he NEVER worked for schwitzer...the worst thing you can do is give me false information about yourself then tell me to "look you up". Across every forum you are on, people have the exact same problem with your nonsense...even in boating forums! C'mon guy, you can drop the act and stop the tall tales.

Before this gets deleted or I get banned, isn't what he's doing the real problem? I'm just calling out the nonsense in an effort to better the forums and hopefully have the flow of false information and, at times, outright lies reduced.
              Bring it to "The Battlefield" forum. It's already been brought up there previously, TMY

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

It's over already, thanks Bobcat. Next time I'll be sure to post about it in some secret clandestine section that few people know exists and even fewer have access to.
                '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Working...
                X