PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On3 Turbo

Touche, a person who has used any form of boost, never mind designs them would at the very least know atmosphere... Even with zero parasitic losses or zero raised intake temps it would take 14.7psi to double power. All the rest of the info is close but not close enough.

A turbo cooled with water would be interesting.

We aren't made of money but we scrape up all we can to put into our passion, the worst thing you can do is spread mis-information backed by false credentials to us looking to see where our precious dollars should go. The said individual stands out so much is because everyone here either says what they know or says they don't know when they don't... which is the cats ass.

Have fun with this a lot easier than when it was done by hand before computer apps.
    Suppose a 150 cu in engine output around 100 hp + or - usually less. compare to a 302 (twice the size) putting out 160 HP up to 225 HP see were the boost pressure ends up. Just use the typ inputs for for bsfc , af, peak rpm use 5200, intercooler temp 130 etc.

Kinda difficult to go with double the size of a 302 as there are not any 600s that are built say to similar performance of factory 302 most are built for racing not stock street

https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/calcboost.html

Some also depends on wether a turbo set up is set up for HP or torq. A 460 in a 68 Tbird we did at Schwitzer delivered from ford had 375 HP after turbo installed by us it still had 375 HP but 800 ft lbs of torq
    Last edited by turbo2256b; 06-30-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...pressure_ratio

a little info on air pressure vs boost

One of the early turbo warranty issues was cool down time . People wouldnt allow for cool down which would fry the oil in the bearing housing destroying the turbo. So Ford finialy gave in in the ast years to water cooled bearing housings fixing the last of the warranty issues as cool down was not as necessary.

My marine turbos have water cooled turbine hsgs so the fiberglass dosent melt or wood catch fire a USCG rule all exhaust has to be waterjacketed

351W & F.A.S.T equipped

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2256b View Post
    Never claimed to be Bob Natkin....
    Actually you did, I have the link where you said, specifically, "my name is Bob Natkin" and proceeded to tell me to look you up and that's exactly what I did. I also have a bunch of other links from this forum and others where you've made ludicrous claims and have been called out on them. Do you REALLY want to go down that road?

I gathered a ton of damning evidence against you after almost getting banned for calling out your lies last time. I decided to take a break and leave it alone...but I come back and here you are talking about the same nonsense. Nobody wants to "ruin" your life...but if exposing someone for trying to be someone they're not or be a pro on something they're not will "ruin" your life, then so be it.
    '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

nO IF ANYTHING i stated did you ever see the ad were a guy comes on and says "my name is bob natkin I invented ecoboost". Which then I STATED about how i attempted to talk him into direct injection and went down as I stated above.
    He also tried to screw things up when I WAS WORKING ON A 5 SPARK PLUG PER CYLINDER test engine. And I never ever stated that MY name is bob natkin

351W & F.A.S.T equipped

"Ever see the add my name is Bob Natkin I invented eco boost. 20+ years ago Working on a design for him to inject air directly into the combustion chamber. I said why not go with direct injection which is good for about a 25% increase in power."

Your words exactly, see where the confusion could come in? Ad, as in commercial, has one "d"...when used in the mathematical sense has two "d"s. We were left to assume it was more of your poor grammatical errors and spelling. Even if that's the case and it were miscommunication, you are still posting crazy info all over the internet.

Such as an intake swap making a whacky 350 Chevy combo go from high-12's to high-8's/low-9's. Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

At least we can let the identity shennanigans go now, thanks for finally clearing that up.
    '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

There was a post i did about a customer running what I CALLED A BIG BODY Comero guess around a 72 body. He was turning 113 115 MPH in the quarter cranking 9000 rpm. We ported a set of aftermarket heads for him either brodex or canfields. He was running a tunnel ram intake. He installed our heads probably flowed more than 60 cfm more than a ported tunnel ram. He made a lot of changes with no improvements in top end. he kept calling and we Kept telling him he needed a better intake and bigger carbs. he finally found a sheet metal intake with dual 4500 holleys on it and ran a 145 or better in the quarter then blew his 7000 rpm torq converter on the third run. He then set us a pict of his car and a very thankfull letter. Is that the one your talking about? He never told us his et that I REMEMBER only top speed in the quarter
    Last edited by turbo2256b; 06-30-2016 at 09:19 PM.

351W & F.A.S.T equipped

Speed equals ET, your original story included a 6000rpm converter...see how little details keep changing every time you tell a story? Just so you know, NO naturally aspirated 350 chevy anywhere is running 9000rpm shift points while running upper 12s...remember speed equals et and 112-115 puts that car in the high-12s. You seem to lack a very important knowledge base of how airflow works through an engine...that speed is probably worth 400-ish HP...now sheet metal intake and dual 4500 dominators and it goes 145mph with no other changes...that mph is typical of high-8 to low-9 sec passes. On a car that probably tips the scales around 3000-3200lbs, that would take approximately 750-950 naturally aspirated hp.

Sheetmetal intake and twin 4500's does not equal 350+ up gain over a tunnel ram and a pair of 4150's. C'mon guy, let's get real here.

Keep it clean folks.

Call each other out, but not in the tech forums. Save that for the Battlefield.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
    Keep it clean folks.

Call each other out, but not in the tech forums. Save that for the Battlefield.
    Move it to the Battle Field and let it rip, I've been waiting for this for years!

actually I have better things to do and dont want my help or modification suggestions screw it

Just keep the future mod suggestions within your realm of actual knowledge combined with not goving false credentials and all parties involved win without the need for anyone to be doled out a spanking.
    Allot of learning sponges here which is great, we/they really don't need mis-information (eg 10psi is like doubling a 302 into a 604)

Back to the original discussion, i'de defenitly add that buying a used turbo is like buying a well used set of underwear... Non of the history they have is a good thing for you. They are nice and cheap turbos brand new, look after it from new and snag a nice cheep kit with piping and couplers. Their plain steel turbo manifolds/headers are great pieces too. All the little stuff really adds up... I'd not take on the tubo project until a good 2Grand is sitting their.
    Hopefully some others who have ran turbo (non-linear relation to rpm like a supercharger) on ford computers will chime in with how well the setup can meter/fuel the air. Corral would likely have lots of good info in that aspect of foxbody stuff.

Good luck buddy, would be killer with a turbo

351W & F.A.S.T equipped

Your going to find widely mixed reviews about "Chinese" turbos. Apparently the big thing is proper oiling, some late model cars make very high oil pressure, and from what I've researched some need an oil feed restrictor, others are burning up with the restrictor. Either too much pressure and your blowing oil out of the seals or not enough and the bearings fry.

The magical number(from my searching) seems to be 40-50psi, over that use a restrictor. You can always build your kit, use a cheap turbo and get a little tuning in before stepping up to a better turbo. Borg-Warner has some pretty good, cheap turbos out there $400 and up and I don't hear anybody complaining about them.

Good luck

gUESS WHO BOUGHT OUT sCHWITZER .........Bog Warner

Quote Originally Posted by sick88tbird View Post
    C'mon turbo2256b, we've already been though this, please stop posting incorrect information and outright lies as fact. You know not of what you speak and you have claimed to be Bob Natkin, which you're not, everyone here knows you as "David"...and no, that's not the real Bob Natkin's middle name or anything of that sort...oh yeah, the Bob Natkin you claim to be, he NEVER worked for schwitzer...the worst thing you can do is give me false information about yourself then tell me to "look you up". Across every forum you are on, people have the exact same problem with your nonsense...even in boating forums! C'mon guy, you can drop the act and stop the tall tales.

Before this gets deleted or I get banned, isn't what he's doing the real problem? I'm just calling out the nonsense in an effort to better the forums and hopefully have the flow of false information and, at times, outright lies reduced.
    Bring it to "The Battlefield" forum. It's already been brought up there previously, TMY

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Quote Originally Posted by SVT98t View Post
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

351W & F.A.S.T equipped

It's over already, thanks Bobcat. Next time I'll be sure to post about it in some secret clandestine section that few people know exists and even fewer have access to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12