No announcement yet.

So...shift kits/valve bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may need to repin a few things and get a stand-alone cruise control module and wire that in to maintain cruise control if the cruise is controlled by the ECM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
      What computer are you running gadgo? Pretty sure any MAF mustang computer should work for me and I may not even need to fuck with the harness since it's already a MAF harness, but we'll see. Even if not, i'll have access to the mustang harness anyway since my brother's car is getting a standalone.
      Standard Mustang auto MAF. A9 something. Its not the A9P, but its an equivalent with the same programming. 86, so stand-alone cruise anyway on mine. The Mustang harness doesn't really lay in there right. If you have a 91 EVTM that covers the MAF stuff, you can compare it to the wiring for a Mustang. Wouldn't surprise me if its the same pinout.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
        I have a free A9L computer out of an '89 so it should be a good starting point..
        Be careful you dont fry the sig trace..........the a9l manual tranny computer doesnt play nice with auto stuff most times........theres a bunch of info over on corral about it..............these are the ones i would be looking for.........
        A9M 5.0 1989-93 Mustang MAF / Auto
        A9P 5.0 1989-93 Mustang MAF / Auto
        C3W 5.0 1989-93 Mustang MAF / Auto
        C3W1 5.0 1989-93 Mustang MAF / Auto
        A9T 5.0 1989-93 Mustang MAF / Auto
        8LF 5.0 1989-93 Mustang MAF / Auto
        8LG 5.0 1989-93 Mustang MAF / Auto

Also what size maf is on that thing? i bet its tiny!
        Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

yeah, the manual one and the auto one are different with the neutral safety switch. I forget particulars but one switches ground and the other switches hot, and if you get it the wrong way round it will partly smoke the ECM. It usually still works but you can't do a self test because the ECM doesn't know when you are in or out of gear, and it usually makes the startup and decel go funny for the same reason.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So the DA1 from an 87 T5 car I have probably won't be good to use until I get a T5 or do some botch wiring (I'd be staying speed density)?
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Clever use of a relay could probably fake this out with no real bother. You'd just have to look up both circuits and use the relay to simulate the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                So the DA1 from an 87 T5 car I have probably won't be good to use until I get a T5 or do some botch wiring (I'd be staying speed density)?
                Take this for what its worth......................

DA1 5.0 1986-88 Mustang SD-SFI / Manual
                DB1 5.0 1986-88 Mustang SD-SFI / Manual
                DC 5.0 1986-88 Mustang SD-SFI / Auto
                DE 5.0 1986-88 Mustang SD-SFI / Auto
                GJ1 5.0 1986-88 Mustang SD-SFI
                VH2 5.0 1986-88 Mustang SD-SFI
                VJ1 5.0 1986-88 Mustang SD-SFI
                VM1 5.0 1986-88 Mustang SD-SFI / Manual
                VP1 5.0 1986-88 Mustang SD-SFI / Manual
                VR1 5.0 1986-88 Mustang SD-SFI / Manual
                D9S 5.0 88 Mark VII SD-SFI
                DX3 5.0 87 Mark VII
                DY3 5.0 88 Mark VII
                VL2 5.0 87 Mark VII

M1L1 MK7

Funny thing is i have 3 A9L's laying in the shop with various problems..........leaking capacitors, 1 burnt sig trace, 1 burnt resistor..........all were junkyard finds......just to lazy to fix'em lol.............
                Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. And yes, the stock maf on this thing is a friggin' joke it's so tiny. Guess i'll poke around for a different computer, or talk to my buddy at the auto-electric place and see if he's got ideas. Hell they may even have the computer I need. That's the shop that's gonna be putting on my top end here soon so i'll figure it out then.

Comment

The caps are easy, the rest of it ranges from no big deal to scrap metal, depending.

Comment

Before my lentech aod, I had my stock aod but with a silverfox vb in it and it was great. I did buy the transgo shift kit for my 91 and I had the vb on the workbench and wanted to make it work but i can't remember exactly what it was but it was just not going to work. So I did the silverfox thing. The car had 50k miles but after the explorer heads/intakes at 240rwhp the trans would slip like mad at the 1st-2nd shift until I took my foot off the pedal to let it grab. That was her limit for sure.

I'd reccomend that off the bat
                      Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
                      HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Working...
                      X