• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HO upper intakes.

I have at least two
    excellent upgrade for a lopo
    $50 each plus shipping.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

What benefits/perks come with the HO upper? What's attached to it?
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

HO upper is essentially the same as LoPo upper except that you get a 60mm opening vs 40, so moar powah! Direct swap for fox body stuff but us Panther people have to swap the linkage from the LoPo TB to the HO TB to make it work. I'm in the process of doing that and also stripping/painting my HO upper as it's from salty Michigan and corroded to beat the band.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The whole thing is bigger.

Comment

When one upgrades to the HO upper, should one also upgrade the injectors or leave them alone? I think gadget mentioned they're matched to the ECM but it seems mustang guys upgrade injectors all the time without changing anything in the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            When one upgrades to the HO upper, should one also upgrade the injectors or leave them alone? I think gadget mentioned they're matched to the ECM but it seems mustang guys upgrade injectors all the time without changing anything in the computer.
            No. Firing order and injector size are determined by the computer.AND THE CAMSHAFT Not the intake.EDIT
            Last edited by 86VickyLX; 04-20-2016, 01:18 PM.

Comment

What would happen if a dude put an HO upper on and HO injectors in place of the LoPo ones? Why is that a no-no? I plan on just doing the upper swap but am curious about the rest. Sorry for hi-jacking this thread. I'd post this to my car's page but nobody responds to those requests when I do.

Comment

Not sure how that'd work without a computer swap Derek. My experience with the mustangs was all MAF cars, so when you swapped injectors, you used a different maf that matched the injectors, or certain ones you can replace the sampling tube in the maf for different injectors. Otherwise I think it'd have to be something you do with a tune on a speed-density car.

Comment

I see. I certainly wont be swapping injectors then. I bent my stupid throttle rod do-hickey trying to get the LoPo linkage on it and need another HO TB to cannibalize... Once that happens I'll finish up the swap.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                    What would happen if a dude put an HO upper on and HO injectors in place of the LoPo ones? Why is that a no-no? I plan on just doing the upper swap but am curious about the rest. Sorry for hi-jacking this thread. I'd post this to my car's page but nobody responds to those requests when I do.
                    Because it will be dumping way more fuel than it needs. Bad smelling exhaust, horrible fuel economy, driveability issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Because it will be dumping way more fuel than it needs. Bad smelling exhaust, horrible fuel economy, driveability issues.
                      All of that is bad news bears. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Does that include upper and lower intake and would it fit a 88 Marquis with original heads. I thought u needed the ho heads too. And would u ship

Comment

the lower is the same between HO and lopo. They fit pretty much all the 302 heads that we tend to use (e6 - stock, e7 - stock HO, gt40/gt40p - explorer).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

upper intake, lower intake is the same as a HO.
                            You do not need to change the heads to use the HO upper.

you will also need a bored out stock egr spacer ( bored to 63mm), and a HO throttle body that has been modified with the stock panther lever.

i can provide all the parts. gonna need a little time to arrange having an egr spacer bored out. there is cost invilved in that also.

yes i don't mind shipping, it's not very cheap tho.....my estimate at least 35 bucks, it's a large heavy chunk of metal.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Got any pics

Comment

Working...
                              X