Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It says it's for a 87-93 mustang

Comment

That is an aftermarket unit. If the upper intake can be reversed it should basically fit.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

You'd need the matching lower intake to go with that. It will not fit a stock lower. Pretty sure that one reverses if its pattered on the Edelbrock Performer intake.

Honestly, there is only so much you can do with the stock motor. Beyond a mildly ported stock type lower, you're not going to gain anything. the heads and cam are restrictive enough to not take advantage of much more intake than you already have. Only reason you'd get much out of a ported lower or maybe a stock Explorer lower is because it evens out the air flow. The stock lower is not good on the outer cylinders, #5 is especially horrible. Honestly even the HO upper is not some sort of miracle cure. It helps, but it won't make the car suddenly fast with an otherwise stock engine.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

In other words, don't waste your time and money on a fancy aftermarket intake setup if you're still running the factory heads. The HO stuff does work, however, and for what Lincolmania wants for his (practically junkyard pricing) it's worth grabbing one and dropping it on. And it's a simple DIY job since you don't need to do anything with the lower intake, the upper and TB and EGR spacer is all you need to switch.

And if you don't feel like paying machine shop fees for having the Panther EGR spacer bored out to HO specs, you can use a perfectly stock HO spacer - but you'll need Lincoln Mark 7 or Ford T-birt or Mercury Cougar throttle and TV and cruise cables, and good luck finding those in a yard (and in case of the cruise cable, removing it from the donor car is a bear).

Different ways the swap can be done, depends on your time and financial situation. Yet, time is also money...
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
            ...And if you don't feel like paying machine shop fees for having the Panther EGR spacer bored out to HO specs, you can use a perfectly stock HO spacer - but you'll need Lincoln Mark 7 or Ford T-birt or Mercury Cougar throttle and TV and cruise cables, and good luck finding those in a yard (and in case of the cruise cable, removing it from the donor car is a bear)...
            I'm planning on using the spacer from an HO car, didn't know there were any differences beyond the diameter of the bore. Thought all the bracketry bolts up to the TB and that's why you need to swap the linkage from the LoPo to the HO TB.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Nope, the brackets bolt to the EGR spacer. Panther has two studs coming out the side of the spacer that is opposite to the EGR valve and facing the rear of the car, HO has two threaded bosses right next to the EGR valve that accept bolts coming in from the side of the car. You either swap TB levers and bore out the Panther EGR spacer (the preferred way as it looks and fits all factory-like), or install the HO parts without any mods and realize the cables now come in from the front of the car and so you need the longer Mk7/T-bird/Cougar cables (which like I said the cruise is a mofo in the Mk7s cause you gotta take the fender off to get to it).
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

If you know a guy with a lathe, its not a big ordeal to bore out an EGR spacer. Having done such a job on my own lathe, I can tell you this from experience. I don't have the precise numbers in front of me, but its basically adding an extra 1/4" of bore to the inside, and removing about .100 from the water side of the spacer to make sure it seals right. There is a groove in there that boring the spacer cuts into, and it causes problems if you don't face it off.

AKA, ship me a stock EGR spacer and I can make it work for you if you can't find anyone local.
                Last edited by gadget73; 08-25-2016, 06:12 PM.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks fellas! I would've been up feces creek had I gone to do all that only to realize that issue when it was too late. Technically is since I made the HO spacer look all purty like. Oh well. I'll dig up a LoPo one..

Thank you for offering your services Thain! No one local wants to touch anything so PM sent!
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
                    Last question I always thought this one was the ho intake so what's the difference from these and will it fit the Marquis
                    As the others mentioned, this is an aftermarket intake, likely under the moniker of pro-comp qualifier or pro-products typhoon. This is the intake I put on my other car right before it got wrecked. It is a reversible intake so it'll work with panthers, but unless you're doing a built engine, I wouldn't recommend it.

First off, the vacuum ports are WAAAAYYYYY different than a stock or Ford intake, and will require a lot of testing to find out which ports to use and have shit work right. Also, because of MUCH larger ports/plenum volume, and shorter runner length. you will completely lose low-end torque. With otherwise stock stuff it may not be as bad, but I added cylinder heads and 1.7 rockers at the same time. Turned the car into a torqueless turd.

If you plan on only mild engine mods, stick with something like a stock HO upper on your LOPO lower, or a ford GT-40/Cobra/Exploder-type intake. You'll thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      Thanks fellas! I would've been up feces creek had I gone to do all that only to realize that issue when it was too late. Technically is since I made the HO spacer look all purty like. Oh well. I'll dig up a LoPo one..

Thank you for offering your services Thain! No one local wants to touch anything so PM sent!
                      we found you a cap for your throttle body.....pm me with address

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I would really like the ho intake but I don't know where I would go to get and egr machined and shipping sucks I wish I could find one locally in Texas and us the 35$ to get it machined

Comment

How could I find out if it's a ho intake does it have vin or special numbers I might have found a local one

Comment

It has numbers in the back but can't see it really good for the pic what y'all think

Comment

Take that plate off the top (the one that says 5.0 Ford HO) and you should see HO cast into the intake. If you look up the part number on the underside that would also tell you.
                              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

What this guy says - pull that flat plate that says "5.0 -Ford oval- HO" and under it right on top of the main runner you should see the "HO" casting.

Also, shipping an EGR spacer isn't a lot of money really. Just about about anyone with a lathe can bore them out, it's really no rocket science.

Comment

Working...
                                X