HO upper intakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    I see. I certainly wont be swapping injectors then. I bent my stupid throttle rod do-hickey trying to get the LoPo linkage on it and need another HO TB to cannibalize... Once that happens I'll finish up the swap.
    Different injectors have different specs which the ECM for one size wont work properly with a different size
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
      Take that plate off the top (the one that says 5.0 Ford HO) and you should see HO cast into the intake. If you look up the part number on the underside that would also tell you.
      To clarify (if needed) the part number on the underside of the intake, not the part number on the underside of the plate (if there is one there).
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

The HO intakes I believe will have a Z as the third character of the part number. The other tells are more easy to identify. This does have the sidewerds spacer off a Fox car, though the non-HO engines fitted in Tbirds have an essentially identical spacer setup so that isn't telling in and of itself.

Measuring the hole will also tell you. Bore on an HO is basically 60mm or 2.36" and the non-HO is 50mm, or 1.9". EGR spacer hole may be a little larger than throttle body bore, but either way you're looking for basically 2 inches or 2 inches and some.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I will check on it wenesday he is selling it for 60 but can't see the number on the back or under the plate from the pic he sent me

Comment

When you go look at it, take a tape measure with you - 2" or so hole in EGR spacer and intake itself is lo-po, about 2-1/2" is the HO. Easiest way to verify, the hell with looking up part numbers and castings and such. If you gonna measure the throttle body as well, measure the hole from the side that bolts up to the EGR spacer, that's what matters. Tho I don't see a TB in those pictures he sent you, is it included in the $60 sale? If yes then you're getting a good deal, as you're paying junkyard prices for everything, and I mean low junkyard prices.
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

No he said he don't have the tb is it still a good deal

Comment

Well you gotta get a throttle body. I got no idea what these run for in your neck of the woods, but personally I ain't paying more than $30 for one if I gotta get out there in the 90+ degree heat and pull the POS myself. I would pay $50 for one that's already pulled and maybe kinda sorta cleaned up, time is money for me and I ain't got the time to waste on junkyard runs for shit that may or may not be there.

So idk, what's your time worth to you? You gotta consider you're getting two intakes and an EGR spacer, those take at least an hour to pull in the junkyard, likely more if you gotta deal with hornets and/or those goddamn black widows. Your cost comes up to $20 a piece for these already pulled and ready for you to collect, which is pretty darn cheap I'd say. And there are no hornets or black widows!!!
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Just bear in mind that the throttle body also needs slight modification to work. Its easy stuff, anyone with a grinder and a welder can get it done, but its not a direct bolt-on. The lever off the stock throttle body needs to be swapped onto the new one and a quick tack weld to hold it together.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Here are some pictures of the process.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I did once do this process using a lathe to drill and tap the throttle shaft, and fit a screw with a washer in there to hold it together. I used red loctite and somehow it never fell off. I'd never attempt to hand drill that, the chances of getting it straight are about zero. Could probably be done in a drill press if you had a suitable vise and made sure to get the shaft direct in line with the drill bit. Nothing one couldn't take care of with a level to make sure its all straight and square. I took the shaft out to do the work, but I suppose you could do it in the throttle body if you used a drill press.

For the time all that takes, welding it is faster and more secure.

Comment

I do believe that some folks did it by bending the metal back and re-peining it when done. I remember considering doing it that way before using the mark VII cables on mine.
                        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

That gets hard just because of the lack of material. In original form, the double D section of the shaft was longer, and it got swaged down to hold it. Once you take the grinder to it, you're basically flush with the throttle lever, and there isn't much of anything to mush over.

Comment

Just update that other guy never picked up his phone so found another deal for $30 and it's comes with the tb 🙌

Comment

Comes with all the sensors and gick too. Hard to beat that price, even at a junkyard.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Here are some pictures of the process.

87gtvic what kind of tb is that it looks different to the stock ho tb

Comment

Working...
                                X