X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Spacer/Adapter Experiences

Hey guys,

Another question:

I have the chance to buy some 20mm hubcentric wheel spacers at about 60$ each, brand new made by Eibach. Will the studs be sticking out too much because thats not very thick and I'm thinking the lugs might stick out too far and hit the rims. I guess I'd have to make sure the rims have a space at the back for them?

Anybody have any expereinces with wheel adapters?

here's a pic
    Click image for larger version

Name:	$_27.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1303459

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

I run 1in spacers on my 88 in the rear because it looks dumb without them for some reason. I don't have any problems but with the 20mm you're short about a 1/4 inch... Measure your studs. If they are longer than 20mm, you know they won't fit. The spacers should come with appropriate lugs.

I'll add that turbines have a small amount of clearance for studs that stick out but not a lot. Check the wheels you want to run.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I also ran 1" spacers in the rear and had to trim the studs down
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I have a pair of those that are 1 1/4 inch that I decided not to use. I don't remember how much I paid for them, but I know they weren't cheap. You can have em if you want.

They're T6 billet and they're thick enough to accomodate the whole lug, so you won't have to worry about that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160415_195544.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	1279951
        Last edited by ootdega; 04-15-2016, 10:10 PM.
        89 Grand Marquis GS.

Putting it here because I keep forgetting to mention it. It's not very exciting at the moment.

Comment

I add a question to this spacer thread.

Would spacers with a centerhole diameter of 70.3 fit my 88 Town Car with a hub diameter of 70.5?

Thanks,

Gerald
          1988 Lincoln Town Car
          1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV

Comment

It would be extremely tight if it did fit, but most likely not.

I recommend anyone installing the spacers to use thread locker on them, just for piece of mind that they won’t come loose.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

If the hole in the spacer is smaller than the hub, its not going to fit. I would suggest measuring the hub to confirm if you got that measurement from somewhere online.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A former co worker had spacers on his car, he had his wife and kids were in the car and he was driveing home on the freeway and the next thing happend the spacers went kaput and ended up breaking the lug nuts on his car, he prevailed on friends to tow him to work, he did get his car fixed. He swore he would never use wheel spacers again.

Comment

Yeah there's lots of stories from guys that have never had a problem with spacers. But then there's the poor bastards that have had their fucking wheels fall off. Not big on that sort of thing so i'd rather just get the right backspace. Same reason i don't like to fly: Sure you're more likely to have a car accident than a plane crash, but typically your car doesn't fall out of the sky.

Comment

Working...
                  X