Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all,greetings fom the show me state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,greetings fom the show me state.

Hello everyone at grandmarq.net. Let me first say thank you Henry Ford for showing us the way,and for giving shitevy something to copy for years to come,LOL.
    I'm just a regular workin/family man who dreams(literally)of building a box that'll do wheelies up and down the street
    (am I the only one?) I have a 90cvlx that I love,my wife hates I might add.lol.I have two beautiful little girls in hopin
    one of wich I can make a gearhead,and an avid ford enthusiast with burnt rubber on the brain. Car is 1990 cvlx ,
    engine from 89gm that had 86musting wiring harness and hates the 15426378 firing order��,65mm Tb,24#oranges
    (used to be)no egr bs,summit racingunderdrive pulleys,cloyes double roller timing set,tci Stahl converter,b&m valve
    body,Monroe shocks all the way around,open manifold right now due to header fitment issues,and man does this girl
    spin the tire,lol any way greetings to all

Welcome! I have an Illinois friend that used to teach math in Sedalia. Army wife.. She recently moved to Lousiana. If the stang harness is HO, you probably need a matching HO cam or 351 cam. Different firing orders between HO/351 and 302 lopo.
    Last edited by crazyman; 04-20-2016, 04:13 AM.
    Maintaining Grandma's 84 CFI GM for her

Comment

Greetings!

I think the harness between LoPo & HO stuff is the same. You sure you don't just have an HO computer in there? The cam dictates firing order, and that's what the HO computer would hate as it expects an HO cam to be where your LoPo cam is.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Welcome, I too have a '90lx and two little girls. You may have some compatibility issues with your engine/harness/computer but we can get into that soon enough. Glad to see people joining the ranks of panther owners. Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1280004Click image for larger version

Name:	013.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1280005

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
          Welcome, I too have a '90lx and two little girls. You may have some compatibility issues with your engine/harness/computer but we can get into that soon enough. Glad to see people joining the ranks of panther owners. [ATTACH=CONFIG]45108[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45109[/ATTACH]
          The look your wife is giving you!

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

Car looks sweet Khead! What magnus77 said haha

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
              Greetings!

I think the harness between LoPo & HO stuff is the same. You sure you don't just have an HO computer in there? The cam dictates firing order, and that's what the HO computer would hate as it expects an HO cam to be where your LoPo cam is.
              This. The cam dictates the rest of the stuff you can use. And the harness is only the same on speed density cars. If you go mass air, you're doing a little wiring.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome! You'll definitely learn a lot if you stick around here.
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Always good to have another member! Welcome!
                  Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                  Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                    Greetings!

I'm not sure what exactly is in the bottom end of this engine . When I went to pull the engine I noticed the oil pan was brand new with a new(expensive neoprene blue)one piece gasket as well as the Stahl converter (tci)and was alot cleaner than an 89 engine would be expected,just did top end regasket after head gasket blew,decided to replace the timing chain while I was at it,removed a stretched comp cams timing gear set,lifter hold downs are too,not sure what cam is in it but it lopes like a sob and slam on it from about 45 and it will light em up,take it for a drive and you'd know its no ordinary lopo,lol,

Comment

Welcome!

I'm a bit of a dreamer myself, would love to have a really nice box someday but for now I'm content with my rotting daily drivers.
                      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Car looks good! Sounds like it runs like a scalded dog.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Sounds like a fun project.

You'll find a few of those here.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by cvbox1990 View Post
                            I'm not sure what exactly is in the bottom end of this engine . When I went to pull the engine I noticed the oil pan was brand new with a new(expensive neoprene blue)one piece gasket as well as the Stahl converter (tci)and was alot cleaner than an 89 engine would be expected,just did top end regasket after head gasket blew,decided to replace the timing chain while I was at it,removed a stretched comp cams timing gear set,lifter hold downs are too,not sure what cam is in it but it lopes like a sob and slam on it from about 45 and it will light em up,take it for a drive and you'd know its no ordinary lopo,lol,
                            Ahh. So sounds like it's got a different cam in it. Is it mass air or speed density? I have no personal experience with this but if it's still speed density and the cam was swapped without doing any tuning it's gonna have drivability issues as the computer still expects stock stuff. SD feeds more fuel in as manifold vacuum decreases. A lopey cam will make less vacuum, especially at idle..

Comment

Haha yeah I get that look all the time, especially when boxes of parts keep showing up at the door. Well cvbox, I'd say you sufficiently have our attention, so let's see some pictures and dig into this project. We like to live vicariously through each other's experiences around here. There's quite a variety of projects constantly circulating so it definitely keeps things interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X