Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all,greetings fom the show me state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160512_18_29_05_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1280206A couple pics,more to come.

Comment

Lookin' good so far buddy. Haha, my fan shroud is also secured with zip ties, dunno wtf happened to the screws/bolts that held it on. I always get screwed up looking at other peoples' engines because nobody has a MAF and mine does. Beast is going in for surgery this coming Friday. Will be getting: Edelbrock heads, typhoon intake manifold, 65mm tb and spacer, mustang zip tube, c&l MAF, 24lb injectors, '04 PI airbox, 1.7 rockers, 3g alternator and whatever else comes along during.

Comment

What pcm are u using/if you are tuning what's a good tuner software u would recommend? I plan on doing the sd2maf switch at some point.

Comment

I'm running whatever computer came stock in this turd for now. I plan to go HO at some point but have to get a hold of the right mustang pcm for it to be happy. Beauty is that i don't have to fuck with the harness because i'm already mass-air. California cars went MAF early so that's what I've got. If i go extreme later i'll eater get a Moates Quarterhorse or just get a multi-bank SCT chip and take it to a shop. There are a good amount of tuners around here too, so i guess there's a few advantages to being in California. Otherwise this place blows. Can't wait to get the beast back and see how she runs!

Comment

What year is your MAFFFF car Khead? I'm trying to figure out when they went MAF in boxes.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

90/91 in Cali emission form ONLY. All documentation I have points to that.
                http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinje...0Lpinouts.html

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So with that in mind, were Mark VII's also MAF those years or at least in '92?

Comment

That page I linked says Mark VII 88-92 mass air. Since it's overlapped with the SD, I'd bet Cali only as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Cool beans. Pardon my ignorance here but if a guy was to convert his car to MAF could he use the same ECM? Badshoe productions has a video on YouTube where he converted his t bird but I can't remember if he says he had to swap the ECM. I want to say he just added wires and it worked..

Comment

match up the wires in the harness and you should be good.

Comment

You need a MAF ecm to run MAF.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              You need a MAF ecm to run MAF.
                              ^^^This. I may go looking for a Cali Mk VII ecm that way I can go HO and still have cruise control but we'll see how it goes. Gonna try to go by the shop today and check on my baby, maybe rap with the boss there about the HO swap. These guys are electrical gurus as well as good mechanics so they may have some insight on the best course of action. If he tells me I should do a cam swap then it's on and we're going HO. Already have a cam, spare distributors(yes, plural), and other crap so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Comment

While you're there at the junkyard if you could find another MAF equipped Mark VII we would like the computer as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X