86 SVT Vic part out or whole car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 SVT Vic part out or whole car.

My ride is on the chopping block. This is a huge piece of my history, but to the point, I have a lot of good parts on this car. I'd estimate I have a good $3500-4000 in a realistic estimate of what I can get after I part most of the car out. However, I'd be willing to let the car go as is for $2500. I'll only give this a couple weeks, as I need to really move forward. And if the car doesn't sell as a whole, a good few of the parts are already claimed by members here, and are continuing to get claimed.

What it needs to be legally driven home?
    -Mufflers. (has a new 2-1/2" catless mustang H-pipe already installed, just need mufflers and tail pipes).
    -And then I can get it inspected for you for free.

The big negatives?

- Part throttle is useless. It stumbles hard and won't accelerate until you reach WOT or closed loop operation. In WOT it will still burn the tires down, and it idles well, but the more partial throttle the worse it runs. I have done a compression test, all were between 150-160psi. So it's not a hard internal part. I haven't had time to figure it out, but I'll be up front, it is not any of the following;
    coil, plugs, wires, distributor pick-up, ignition module, fuel pressure or pump, IAC valve, TPS, oxygen sensors, MAF sensor, ECT sensor, or the ECU. All of those have been tested and tested, and all swapped with known good units for good measure. ECT, MAF, Plugs, wires, cap and rotor are new (as of about 2 years ago when I was last messing with the car), and still on the car. The injectors I just this week removed and personally checked the flow rate and spray pattern.

- The vehicle is suffering from rust. I see a lot of cars on the road with a lot more rust, so it's not just going to break in half or anything crazy, but It's beyond where it's worth attempting to repair (at least in my eyes), and it's not going to get better.

- This car has lived a full life, so the door hinges and body mounts are pretty shot. And the overall aesthetic condition is poor. I have literally hand buffed through to primer in a few locations, so the paint is quite literally gone.

Now, what you get!
    - A 1986 Base model trim package, not the granny package.
    - Everything works, except a couple of the power locks. Even A/C works.
    - Brand new windshield was installed at the same time I stopped working on it, two years ago.
    - Smooth bumpers, right corner of front bumper is a little bent, some off the car work could straiten it. NO rust on either!
    - Front seats have been converted to aftermarket racing style seats. I have made custom brackets to mount the seats with the aftermarket sliders to the factory seat mounting points.
    - The stereo is a JVC Kameleon, Power Acoustik Phantom series 4 channel amp, Cadence speakers 6X9 rear, with 6-1/2" and remote 1" tweeter front. The speaker surround is dry, so I suspect you can only do so much head banging before they pop.
    - I put a new heater core from Ford in the car roughly 500 miles before I parked it.
    - Battery has been relocated to the trunk in a box with brackets to mount level on the trunk floor.
    - Spare wheel is HP wheel in near perfect shape with a Nexen tire, only had to use it one time for 2 days.
    - In custom cluster setup are two Autometer Cobalt series gauges. The oil pressure is mechanical, the coolant temp is electric. The temp gauge needs to be sent to Autometer to repair the gears internal. The speedo bearing is toast, so it bounces intermittently.
    - The wheels are aftermarket Halibrand style, they are hub centric (NO ADAPTERS!), and the offset is actually 0mm (NO SPACERS!). That's right, a set of 17X9 wheels that bolt on to a Crown Victoria like they were made for it! The tire options that work on our cars is 255/45R17, and 275/40R17. The 275's may just touch the chrome trim on the wheel arches, I did not have them so I do not know for sure. They did not touch the fenders, but they are close.
    - The tires are what you would call on the out. Almost bald. I have a new set of 255/45/17 HTR-ZII tires that I will be selling ($200 installed if you want them).

- Suspension is all tight.
    - - Tokico HP blue shocks on all 4 corners, maybe 10K miles on them.
    - - Racing springs, 950 lb front, 225 lb rear.
    - - All of the suspension is running ES poly bushings.
    - - Police front and rear anti-sway bars with ES poly bushings.

- Brakes, pad and rotors have less than 200 miles on them before I parked it.
    - - 98-02 Front spindle and upper arm with big brake upgrade.
    - - 94-97 Rear disc w/ police caliper upgrade.
    - - All are ATE Premium One slotted and coated rotors.
    - - All are running RS4 performance Ceramic pads.
    - - Hand parking break conversion (not sure how "removable" that is).

- Drivetrain
    - - 94-95 T5 trans is currently installed.
    - - Billet steel flywheel, with Spec clutch and pressure plate.
    - - Box body police drive-shaft.
    - - Torsion LSD diff.
    - - 3.55 final drive ratio.
    - - Cast aluminum diff housing with bearing cap supports.

- Engine
    - - 95 Mustang, 5.0L Ho engine. I have had this engine since it had ZERO miles on it. It came from the factory, and was installed in this car all it's life. 3000 mile or less oil changes, all of its 240,000 miles.
    - - Upgraded Crane Cams roller rockers, and valve springs
    - - Comp Cams Billet timing set.
    - - Crown Victoria race Under-drive crank pulley! Yes, it's actually made specifically for Box Panther belt routing!
    - - 1-5/8" primary shorty headers, are ceramic coated, but that needs to be redone.
    - - 2-1/2" catless off-road Mustang H-pipe. New as of a year ago, 4-10 miles on it.
    - - MSD Blaster coil, and MSD Cap and Rotor, new before parked.
    - - New NGK plugs, and Ford Racing blue 8mm wires, new before parked.
    - - Aluminum radiator upgrade.
    - - Electric ran conversion.
    - - PS cooler installed.
    - - 3G 130amp alternator conversion, alternator was only months old before parked (Autozone Gold part, w/ lifetime warranty).
    - - Later model gear reduction starter (Autozone Gold part, w/ lifetime warranty).

This is likely the last it will ever see any action. This video was taken within 48hrs of this posting.

Thanks for looking.....I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.....
    Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 05-05-2016, 11:12 PM.

Springs and shocks.

I hope someone buys this thing. It's an awesome ride!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Can't believe it's for sale, I remember this car when I first joined GMN back in 05'... but I am currently dealing with the same issue you are describing, and it is getting taxing. The thought had crossed my mind to sell my Town Car also, just had to have it towed back to my house for the 5th time trying to find out what is causing this issue... GLWTS, this Vic is legit.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Clutch pedal assembly. And speedometer.

Comment

Sway bars.

Comment

Whole enchilada. Seriously.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Pm me with what it doesn't have interested in what's left,seriously.

Comment

Working...
              X