2007 CVPI rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 CVPI rebuild

Built this transmission for a car SpeedyCop picked up at auction last year. We had several discussions about repairing the transmission that was in the car, but never could get our schedules to match up. Recently I picked up a good core from another 2007 CVPI, so I rebuilt the core and will making a trip to speedy's house to install the transmission, sometime in the near future.

Residual fluid in the core transmission was clean and bright red. Once I got it apart, the only damage I found was forward clutch piston seal was brittle and had chunks missing from it, which resulted in forward clutch failure, The intermediate one clutch retaining snap ring was distorted and about to come off and the rear tail shaft bushing was worn.

Full rebuild was performed with new seals, gaskets, clutches and tail shaft bushing. While this was a 2007 model year car, the transmission was build 8/2006, so it did not have the factory upgraded OD band. I upgraded the OD band, replaced the OEM intermediate clutch snap ring with an aftermarket spiral ring and did a Jmod as part of the rebuild. To make servicing the transmission easier I installed the Dorman transmission pan with the drain plug.

2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Very Nice
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Your profile says you're in North Georgia? I'm in the southeastern corner of North Carolina. If I ever have a trans poop the bed, I'll get in touch!
      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

I very much enjoy your transmission autopsies.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Awesome, cruise on over to SoCal and rebuild my AOD! I'll buy beer! Nah it's fine for now, but automatics are like electricity to me; black magic.

Comment

Working...
          X