WTB ASAP: Mustang Pedal Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB ASAP: Mustang Pedal Assembly

Hey, trying to source some parts for the ongoing Jeep project, I figure since a T-5 is a T-5, my best bet is getting a Mustang pedal assembly, then getting an accelerator pedal and figuring out the carb linkage stuff. I looked on Ebay and it seems they're in the $85-100 range. Didn't know if anyone had a line on one from their local yard, or had an extra one on the shelf they didn't need in good condition.

Do they all get really rusted like the ones I am seeing on Ebay? I have Por-15 so I guess I could paint over the rust and then hit it with gloss black or whatever. Or just tell me which one is the best one on Ebay that's worth the asking price (buy now option). Thanks.

My neighbor is a great fabrication guy and can figure things out for mounting it in the Jeep. I have Memorial Day week off from work (vacation) so I really want to hustle and get all the parts in and make as much progress as possible before summer is here and gone.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

I don't see how mustang pedals would work in a jeep. I would just get some TJ pedals or something..

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

It's an Iron Duke motor (carb'ed) attached to a Ford T-5 transmission. So shouldn't the Mustang assembly work for the clutch pedal? Then I just need an accelerator for a throttle cable and figuring out a booster setup for the drum brakes maybe.
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

All the ones I seen/purchased/junkyard grabbed were rusty.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
          It's an Iron Duke motor (carb'ed) attached to a Ford T-5 transmission. So shouldn't the Mustang assembly work for the clutch pedal? Then I just need an accelerator for a throttle cable and figuring out a booster setup for the drum brakes maybe.
          What body jeep is it in? I assume early.. It doesn't have to be a ford pedal assembly, just has to be anything that will work. Cable length is what really matters. I assume you'd need to highly modify the pedals to fit into a jeep.

Any yeah, they're all rusty. That's because ford didn't paint them, factory.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Okay, got a text from my neighbor that he was looking at the S10 pedal assy that was in it with the S10 column and we can probably use that. The accelerator pedal is snapped on that one, but I assume I can go aftermarket or weld something on. Found out in my research that the S10s & Camaros used Ford/Borg Warner/TREMEC T-5s as well as AMC, Jeeps, and even the 280X. Here's a great article/page about it: http://www.moderndriveline.com/Techn...t5_history.htm

I guess I don't need the parts after all, plenty more to spend money on anyway. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

Bobcat: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...962-Jeep/page3 There's page 3 of my 1962 Jeep thread, I have more pictures I should put up sometime, we almost have the gas tank/fuel system in.
            Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 05-16-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X