0-60 in white lightening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0-60 in white lightening

As some know I have been building a mean merc for 3.5 years and I last posted a vid a few months ago of the first start. Since then we've got the programming and 4-link/suspension tuning pretty good and ready to start the nitrous games.

https://youtu.be/fGvKaz5LNJA
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Very cool setup! What'd you use for a crank trigger wheel?
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Jesus thats quick, you should do a 0-100mph sprint.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
      1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

While I watched this, I though the poor AOD is gonna die quickly, but sure sounded right when it shifted. Then I read your sig and saw you've taken care of that already.

So how many mustangs and camaros have you surprised?
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

yeah..that boogies.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks guys, trigger is a universal 36-1 missing tooth wheel behind my crank pulley with a basic 3 wire hall sensor (all from diy autotune). Works fantastic, to do full sequencial I also need a cam input which is just a basic 98 explorer vr sensor that pops in the distributer hole.

Making headway on dialing in the traction/wheel-hop (jesus the hop is violent when it's there) which I designed tonnes of adjustability into... I am new to the adjusting part but it's comming slowly but surely.

Almost ready to up the shot and ramp in the 2nd system ;D
            HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

No nitrous 87oct in grocery getting trim it does 0-60 in 6.8 sec. That's letting it shift itself at 5300rpm and before I had it hooking up from a launch well so it's likely at 6.5 sec now.

https://youtu.be/K4lkfYmaGSc

Regardless I cut the 0-60 in half of what is used to be lol and anymore that's just good enough to keep up with the average off the lots cars with even a hint of sport in them these days. Makes me cry a little inside but it's what we signed up for aha.

Comment

That's bad ass! Super cool car dude.

Most new cars are just recycled beer cans.. They accomplish those times with 8 speed autos and super short final drive ratios. All that garbage will prove itself as such past 100k miles.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

giggidy

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Left the nitrous at home but team merc still spanked a vett today at the track lol. Twice. After getting laughed at for me bringing a 4500lb 4dr/mud up the sides rig to the line. We didn't beat the hellcat tho 😏

https://youtu.be/KMoPUDY_63o

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
                      Left the nitrous at home but team merc still spanked a vett today at the track lol. Twice. After getting laughed at for me bringing a 4500lb 4dr/mud up the sides rig to the line. We didn't beat the hellcat tho ��

https://youtu.be/KMoPUDY_63o
                      awesome car! (tweeted so my 10 followers can have a look too!)
                      I'm not completely oblivious to reality, I just choose to reject it when it doesn't line up with my opinions. (thanx Thain!)

Comment

Haha! That's great man, I love it. Whippin' ass while hanging out in luxurious red velour.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

What kind of exhaust are you running? Is it a sleeper until you floor it? Or does it sound macho like this all the time?

I've always wanted to do this in my wagon. Alas the Lopo with a million miles will never make it happen.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

woohoo!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

wicked. Need more video. Shit if you're in the GTA like I remember I'd bring my mic and HD actioncam to help you get moar vidz.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                              X