Selling the old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling the old girl

After a very enjoyable year and a half, I have to let the old girl go. She's been lots of fun on road trips and cruising around town, but in order to upgrade I have to let go.

The good:
    -very low km's
    -no rust anywhere. Chrome is all in good condition
    -all original
    -a/c works and is very cold
    -plush velour seats (IMO better than leather)
    -never smoked in

The bad:
    -The vinyl top is in poor condition
    -One back window doesn't roll up without some help

I'm looking for $2500 for it, which in my area isn't ridiculous. I'm going out on a limb thinking that anyone here lives even remotely close to me, let alone wants the car haha.

I know this is a thread hijack but the picture of the speedo/odo with only 66K Kilometers just woke me up to something.

The speedos are not restricted to 85mph like the usa speedos. They show both KPH and MPG in excess of 100MPH!

Very nice ultra low mile car there.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
      I know this is a thread hijack but the picture of the speedo/odo with only 66K Kilometers just woke me up to something.

The speedos are not restricted to 85mph like the usa speedos. They show both KPH and MPG in excess of 100MPH!

Very nice ultra low mile car there.
      Thank you sir. Yes, I suppose a Canadian speedo would be a decent replacement for a police model speedo

Comment

Sold!

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Dang that was quick! Congrats buddy, I hope your "upgrade" involves another panther, or more good stuff for one you already have.

Comment

Thank you! Yes it indeed went quick. The second guy to see it ended up taking it. The funds raised will go towards either a 351 Marquis I'm going to look at, if it's good, or heads for the Lincoln. It's funny that a set of 460 heads cost as much as a car haha. But not funny for the wallet.

Comment

If you get another Panther, be sure to take some pics
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I'm interested in pics of the barge too!
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Oh I'll be getting another panther, it just has to be the right one. Pics will be provided at that time. As for the barge, it's quite disassembled at the moment, but I made a thread about it a little while ago if you'd care to search it Derek. I think it was called 1977 mark v.

Comment

Was it the blue one with the orangish interior?

Comment

Yessir. A great combo hey? Haha the 70s were an interesting time.

Comment

Great combo indeed. If only you could get nice combinations like that today. Black w/ burgundy interior is my thing.

Comment

That would be beautiful. If I could find a black Marquis or town car around here I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. I think so card look best in black

Comment

So I'm in the process of buying back a panther I sold a couple years ago. It now needs a water pump seal as this one is leaking, but for less than half the price I sold her for, how can I say no?

On another note, the money I got from the brown Marquis will also pay for what I just picked up yesterday. I think I have a problem

It is a mint 1977 new yorker and has a 440 with 148000km. The previous owner couldn't get it to start worth a damn so I picked it up for a cool 1900 bucks. 5 mins spent fiddling with the choke on the carb and she starts like a champ now.

Comment

Working...
                              X