Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

box police speedometer

Hey guys,

I'm looking to sell this police speedometer that goes sup to 140 mph. I live in Canada so I use the metric system
    It seems to be missing the fuel gauge and the needle for the gear selection, both of which are likely transferable anyway.

A) how much is it worth?
    B) does anyone want it?
    C) you have to pay for shipping from Canada so that may be pricey....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0576.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1303516

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Oh wow those are pretty Damn cool.

Comment

Id say around $50 American for that. The fuel gauge can be swapped in. The gear selector needle is part of a larger piece that also connects to the shift column.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Id say around $50 American for that. The fuel gauge can be swapped in. The gear selector needle is part of a larger piece that also connects to the shift column.
        Yeah. I think that's what I paid for mine. Might have been like $40usd + shipping.

The only thing I miss from the civilian speedo is the trip meter. (Too bad i never finished my clock mod...)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Dang I paid way more but whatever, at least I got it. What year is it out of? That would make a difference to a potential buyer.

Comment

That's an 88-89 unit. Earlier ones had blue (or orange if really early) secondary speed readings. This one is cleaner in appearance and my preference. Your car as to look good from the drivers seat because that's where you'll spend the most time! I do think it will work in the earlier cars.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

It will work 79 to 89 CV. Ive had all years/models in my possession/car at times.

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
              Dang I paid way more but whatever, at least I got it. What year is it out of? That would make a difference to a potential buyer.

Me too. I have two currently and had a few others......
              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-07-2016, 04:04 PM.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Still got the speedo for sale? Been looking for one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                sigpic

Comment

yep still for sale, shipping from canada!

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

Still got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X