2003 Marauder 4R70W transmission rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 Marauder 4R70W transmission rebuild

Marauder owner contacted me about a rebuild for his car. His transmission lost 3rd gear. Originally I was going to use 2007 CVPI core I had, but ended up using that core for another project. Instead I got another low mileage Marauder transmission.
    The core was disassembled for inspection. The residual fluid was reddish orange, there was minimal clutch debris on the pan magnet and the yellow plug was in the pan. No damage or unusual wear was found when the transmission was town down.
    Current plans for car are to install a super charger and drag race the car on the weekends. The transmission was full rebuilt and the normal lubrication upgrades were performed and the hard parts were upgraded. Something new I am incorporating in my heavy duty rebuilds is the Sonnax high capacity forward clutch drum. http://www.sonnax.com/parts/4373-sma...lutch-drum-kit
    This newly designed drum allows for more clutches to be installed and increases the torque capacity and reduces forward clutch failure. For this build I chose use the 6 disc set up, which is a 20% increase. I also installed a hardened 300M intermediate shaft and heavy duty one way mechanical diode intermediate clutch, which is held to the reverse drum with a spiral locking ring.
    The valve body was fully rebuilt and the Jmod was performed.
    Transmission was fully air tested for proper operation and new U-haul transmission pan (with drain plug) was installed to make servicing easier.

2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Excellent!
    I can't wait to pick this up!

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

If I had an auto, I'd goto Erick.

Great work.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
      X