Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottfest 2016 dyno day

Who's in?
    I am going to make the reservations this week and I would like a head count soon.
    Not sure on price yet, but it should be around the $50-65 for three pulls.
    LET ME KNOW ASAP, PLEASE.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

It depends on how far it is from the shop. Don't feel like driving around all day to get there. Like the dragstrip. Which day?

Comment

Group dyno will be Saturday morning-ish, like the last time we did it. The first shop I've called is 45 minutes away (37 miles). It's all down I-81, so it's quite easy to get to.
      Drag racing at Numedia will be Friday night since they have the street legal drags open this year.

-ryan s.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Im in for the dyno day, also i will be at the drag strip friday night.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Beats an hour and a half like the other one. I'm in.

Comment

In.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

In

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                Beats an hour and a half like the other one. I'm in.
                That was due to Stump's garage booking us, then selling their dyno and telling me a week before SF. Now I have ample time to get it done.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I'd be for it if I get to ScottFest.

sigpic
                  - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                    That was due to Stump's garage booking us, then selling their dyno and telling me a week before SF. Now I have ample time to get it done.

-ryan s.
                    As long as we got a set thing I'm good!

Comment

Looks like the dyno shop is going to be 66 miles away "1h12m"
                      I bet we can beat that time like a boss.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

if it's on pottstown, nope, dont try it, you are going into speed trap hell...........90 minutes would be super fast. takes me hr 12 to get to my parents house, and performance specialties is another 12 miles or so

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Ok, so the shop in Harrisburg is willing to accommodate us, however, they want the whole group to be paid up front. They've had group dyno days in the past where significantly less cars showed up than planned.
                          It will be $75 for three pulls.

If anyone is still interested, let me know.

If not, then it's up for whatever Saturday morning; junkyard run, diner, debauchery, Brewery tour, coal mine tour, heinous fuckery, etc....

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Ryan as much as I would like to do this I will have to pass. The money upfront is not an issue so much as the travel to/fro times are. If this is the location I am no longer in. If anything happens to change I am all ears.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah I really don't want to trek down to Harrisburg either. I was considering throwing money at the wall and seeing if i can get the Quarterhorse stuff going by then but Harrisburg is about an hour each way, plus whatever time is involved at the place.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X