No announcement yet.

TC 5.0L Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is mildly funny and somewhat telling that their unwanted parts are desirable upgrade items. More telling about us with our low standards and horrible factory parts than the Mustang guys.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Maybe it's because Mustang guys typically have more money???

We are rushing to move into the new digs by Sunday. Once that happens and I stop bleeding money I can begin the quest for a HO equipped Mustang or Mark VII as a donor. Extra 70HP or so is what these things should've had to at least make them adequate me thinks.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Pretty sure my smaller rattle-beast makes less hp than your towncar, yet it weighs more than twice as much. You're just in too much of a rush to get places - it's a Lincoln, take it nice and easy and enjoy the couch on wheels
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

LoL, rattle-beast?

Guess I should do that. I'm still torn on just leaving it original. It does a good enough job getting to 45. Just seems to struggle above that. Gets 18mpg or better on a regular basis so guess I shouldn't complain.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
          X