Unecessary Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's her indeed
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

When I did my engine overhaul I found my rubber line cracked that the same location.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It's funny and/or sad that I'm just finding this now. When I did the exhaust and much later, the suspension, I should have noticed. At least now, I can address it; maybe even hide some of that crap behind the fender and clean up the engine bay.

Packman

Comment

Check the rest of the lines and wiring while you're in there. May as well fix all you can fix while its accessible.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yah, when I remove the engine I am going to go through that engine bay and determine what stays, what goes, and what should be moved out of sight. Vapor solenoid, wires, and line are going to be placed out of sight.

I know I have a vacuum leak originating from the line that goes from the vacuum tree and into the firewall behind the engine. That I want to address as it has been wreaking havoc with the lopo ever since I attempted the heater core replacement.

Packman

Comment

Okay, I found a hose leading from the smog pump to the firewall. Not sure if that goes to a vacuum source like the tree behind the engine; or elsewhere?

I was going to pull the engine and trans yesterday, but during both attempts it started pouring. I will try again tomorrow before Hermine strikes. Getting sick of looking at the lopo.

Comment

That line likely check valve teed into the cruise shit in the drivers side inner fender.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Okay. Well, cruise hasn't worked since I got the car 13 years ago, so I will plug it; after I figure out where exactly it goes.

Wish I was able to take today off as well. Clear sky; a lot of potential to get work done. Ugha!!!

Comment

It supplies extra vacuum to the cruise servo. I got rid of that when I ditched the smog pump. Cruise works perfectly fine without it. Plumbing for my cruise servo runs from the vac tree on the firewall through a check valve salvaged from the smog pump hose over t o the cruise servo. I got rid of the T junction that was in there from the factory.

Cruise is fairly easy to fix most of the time. Usefulness is debatable. Mine works, I never use it. Nobody seems to know how to maintain stable speeds so I spend more effort adjusting the cruise than I would just modulating the skinny pedal.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Its like playing a video game whenever I use the cruise.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Its like playing a video game whenever I use the cruise.
                        Great comparison!

Mine has also been fine without smog pump assistance except for very long grades. It will kick off under an extended very low vacuum situation.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Well, something that works for me on roadtrips (but not always) is to set the cruise for slower than the average speed of traffic. I like to use that every now and again to keep the moving parts moving as I feel it leads to longer part life but seeing as I'm having problems with the "Auto" function of my A/C I guess not. I use that all the time...
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I found this broken tube right above the cruise servo. The other end goes to the vacuum tree; it's the port in the foreground where the flashlight is shining. Is this a line that goes to the cruise servo? I found no other lines, aside from the EGR solenoid lines, that were broken.

Also, I don't have a good picture of it (took these at night), there is a wire that comes off of my alternator harness that looks to be pulled out of something. It's a tan colored wire (after I wiped the oil and grease off of it) that runs out of the alt harness and ends in a pin. I don't know if that is a computer-related wire or something else. All of the wires going to and from the alternator are intact; this one seems to be separate. I'll get a picture by Monday of said pulled pin wire.

Packman

Comment

That goes to the soup can for the climate control. If you've ever wondered why its on defrost all the time, that would be why.

I believe the low oil level sender wire comes out of the same harness chunk as the alternator. Can't remember what color that is though.

Comment

Ah, okay. I replaced that line a while back when my soup can rotted through. I will see if that line pulled itself off of the adapter to my vacuum reservoir.

I has another question: is the only way to remove the engine mounts is by removing the lower control arms?

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X