X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    Awesome, Eddie!

Might I ask what the car shifts at (rpm), and how you shift it (in drive, or manually)?

What do you mean by SSC headers?

And where do you race?
    When I bracket race I leave it in drive because it's very consistent .It shifts 1-2 at 5100 & 2-3 at 4700.On the best times I manually shifted all gears at 5300. The headers are Mustang shorties that Ford Motorsport used to sell.I believe they were standard on Saleen Mustang SSC's of the late 80's early 90's hence the SSC name. I generally race at Englishtown & Atco in NJ.The pic is from the E-Town raceway news.

Comment

Shit. The discussion thread link is toast on the front page....so I will just going in

Eddie...I love the fact that you have white walls on in the picture!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Shit. The discussion thread link is toast on the front page....so I will just going in

Eddie...I love the fact that you have white walls on in the picture!
        Well there kinda white lol, whole car was pretty dirty that night.They may still be the same tires that are on the car now.

Comment

Lol I get the most strange looks at the strip with purple wheels and white walls lol. I love having a quick panther.
          Congrats on the times man, seems like she boogies pretty good. I hope to be close to you with the new converter and vb.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
            Lol I get the most strange looks at the strip with purple wheels and white walls lol. I love having a quick panther.
            Congrats on the times man, seems like she boogies pretty good. I hope to be close to you with the new converter and vb.
            Thanks for the congrats hope the converter & valve body get you what you're looking for.

Comment

Best my 91 ever ran was a 11.39 in the 1/8. That was bone stock with duals, and HO intake/TB/EGR spacer
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c9zzH6QdjQ

Best run in the Wagon so far was a 10.60 in the 1/8 and a 16.54 in the 1/4.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKwCV1X8QZk
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF2M4jlfFEM

Best I've ran in the 89 so far was a 10.11, but I know it still has more in it. I want to take it to the 1/4 this year.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

1.92 60 ft
                8.74 at 78mph 1/8 mile

She has more in her I was only launching the car at 2k and I'm still messing with the carb tuning.

1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                sigpic

Comment

hey guys... finally went to a strip for my first time. had a full trunk and tank with a passenger, and she ran a 14.86 at 92.7mph.
                  runs pretty rich and i'm getting a 5hr dyno tune with lidio at alternative performance on tuesday... and he's also going to be tuning it to accept a little shot of nitrous thats installed in the car as of today while we're at it. I'll let ya's know the new time probly this friday when i go down again.

...i (a 19 year old goofer that saved up money from workin at sears after school) beat a cutless with a 383 stroker hehe they loved that merc like crazy there lol.
                  Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
                  HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Congrats man seems pretty quick, should pick up some more with a tune.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                    Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
                      hey guys... finally went to a strip for my first time. had a full trunk and tank with a passenger, and she ran a 14.86 at 92.7mph.
                      runs pretty rich and i'm getting a 5hr dyno tune with lidio at alternative performance on tuesday... and he's also going to be tuning it to accept a little shot of nitrous thats installed in the car as of today while we're at it. I'll let ya's know the new time probly this friday when i go down again.

...i (a 19 year old goofer that saved up money from workin at sears after school) beat a cutless with a 383 stroker hehe they loved that merc like crazy there lol.

Not too bad, that was the best my 87 with an HO converted lopo ever mustered.
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Knocked a couple more tenths off with an 8.52 @ 80mph
                        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                        sigpic

Comment

Has no one seriously posted in this thread since 2011?!?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160904_130748079.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1280661

I had a pretty crappy reaction time, just over a second. Ran 10.673 1/8 mi. If I had a perfect 0.00 reaction that would put me at 9.673 of course. A 9.65 converts to 15.05! I only got 1 run in due to a miscommunication. Test and tune were supposed to go before street class runs and I was told AFTER. It was 82-83 degrees out early afternoon Sunday. The Saturn wagon with roof rack & spare tire taken off the roof rack got me off the line but I beat him!

Now I have an idea what to dial in and I can shoot for perfect reaction time and maybe break into the 14s! (Converting 1/8 to 1/4 mi times) I did this on 2 hours sleep after working all night as well.
                          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Name:	IMG_20160904_132116310.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1280662 sorry tried to put two pictures in, one disappeared here slip!
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

All my times (86VickyLX as well) from SF 2015. According to the papers... I beat him to the end of the track every run. (He's left lane, I'm right lane) Unfortunately both our cars were not running their best. Mine had some bad plugs and his had lots of tune issues.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well finally managed to break into the 8's in the 1/8 and a best 14.1 in the 1/4.

The old girl weighs in at a heavy 4320lbs race weight at the line, DD, street tires, mild xe258 cam, has a completely untouched set of P heads, freshened stock HO bottom end and MS3X engine management I finally put in my own car which is awesome. Blows .01CO and 12HC (this way better than brand new) for emissions testing and 25mpg cruising. Stays under 6000rpm.

Dropped officially 1 full second this season with heavy re-shaping of the explorer upper/lower/fabbing the tapered intake pipe and ms3x tuning... getting a flow bench this winter so i'll be interested to see the #'s since customers seem to prefer flow #'s and dyno over actual time slips lol..
                                Nitrous bottles haven't left the dusty corner of the garage all yr but filled em today to let both systems rip on the 23rd test and tune.

Porting the p heads this winter and tigging up a set of tuned longtubes and just got an xe-270 cam to slide in to hit 13's next year NA so i'm pretty surprised that is a possibility in that weight with all explorer parts lol. Twaz a good season back at the track after a 3yr build

Name:	IMG_2163.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1280671
                                Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
                                HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Working...
                                X