replace rear bearings and seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is suppose to be New from Ford.
    The company is called West Coast Differential.
    The salesman said Ford still carries that part number for 90-97 according to his information. WCD is suppose to have a large inventory of parts.
    They probably have Ford on speed dial.
    The spare rear end is I assume from an early 90 CV.
    He looked it up by my vin number.
    The spare assembly was to swap into a 91 GM Sedan i have. I guess it would work but would probably be a easier converting the 91s
    2.73 to a 3.55L with new gears and axles instead of swapping in the 90 CV assembly.
    90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
    90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
    91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
    70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

Swapping housings sucks, I hate doing it unless there's an ulterior motif, like getting wider track or something. Hell even the bushings can be done one arm at a time, this saves wrangling the heavy SOB axle in place. The way 8.8s are set up, regearing the housing is simple and easy enough, so just work with what's already hanging under the car. Now if that were a Dana axle, yeah fuck regearing that bitch, I'd swap 10 housings before I begin to consider messing with even a single set of gears...
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
      X