Fuel Filter Assembly Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Filter Assembly Bracket

Does anybody have a picture of their fuel filter brackets? I just have the outer shell that bolts to the frame. There has to be an inner piece that holds the fuel filter to the bracket. Trying to decide whether or not to relocate the fuel filter.

Thank You

Any year?
    '89 and older was different from '90+ but here is a few pictures of my '91 fuel filter bracket that I cleaned up to replace the one that rusted to pieces on The Ice Car.

Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

This is the one off my '89

1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Boxes mostly use the plastic cup. The screws tend to strip out though. The clamp method is better, at least its inclined to hold the filter stable.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

+1 the cup sux

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Okay, makes sense why mine is MIA on the '86. The '91 fuel filter holder is like the one on my '91 Ranger. I think I will see if I can find one like that at the JY; or figure something out at Home Depot.

Packman

Comment

My 87 has the plastic cup style. I am diggin the newer way of mounting them....something to ponder about.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Plastic cup too.
                sigpic
                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Working...
                X