No announcement yet.

La Pantera Metálica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'f yall remember my welcome thread I probably mentioned I was getting and fixing this car up for the wife and Kids to cruise around town. About the time I got the transmission rebuilt on the box and I got everything running really nice her mom and dad gave us their 2008 Avalon. It's has ALOT more room than the GM. I have three kids that have to ride in the back. The grand marquis is actually not very spacious inside. It's a small cab.

I hope I can find someone who will appreciate this car. It really was well kept.
    Last edited by Salty Dog; 12-06-2017, 08:24 AM.
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

Oh no, a Toyota defector... So much sadness...

Yeah, in your area that's probably a $3-3,500 car. Although, look at it this way: Have you been getting calls by serious parties? The asking price certainly helps determine if you've got it right for your area. If people aren't calling or on the fence most of the time, it's time to drop it a bit. I'd delete the pics of the guy charging the A/C system and the spare parts & speakers, never gets me excited to see that stuff. Also, when I went to sell my '85 the repair list was like yours. It wasn't until I sniped it short by saying "Well maintained, all receipts & service records available." that I started getting more calls. Seems to me that when people read that, they must think you're selling a lemon or have had enough with sinking money into it. Typo in your tags section too, "Lincoln Town Card.."

Lastly, it's not the same engine as the Mustang, I hate seeing that. It's the same engine block, that's about it.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thanks for the Tips Derek! Yeah, I need to edit the posting a bit. I only have it posted on CL so it is probably not getting the exposure it needs. I'm in no hurry to sell it so I started high. Plus I left a little room for them to negotiate.

I really hate to sell it but I can't have two classic cars. I've spent alot of time working on the pickup lately and I have alot more to do. I put on a new Bosch 3G, new timing chain, waterpump, and resealed the intake. Painted the entire motor in the truck. Hopefully I'll be adding some headers and exhaust for Xmas. I need to stay focused!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post

Yeah, in your area that's probably a $3-3,500 car. Although, look at it this way: Have you been getting calls by serious parties? The asking price certainly helps determine if you've got it right for your area. If people aren't calling or on the fence most of the time, it's time to drop it a bit. I'd delete the pics of the guy charging the A/C system and the spare parts & speakers, never gets me excited to see that stuff. Also, when I went to sell my '85 the repair list was like yours. It wasn't until I sniped it short by saying "Well maintained, all receipts & service records available." that I started getting more calls. Seems to me that when people read that, they must think you're selling a lemon or have had enough with sinking money into it. Typo in your tags section too, "Lincoln Town Card.."

Lastly, it's not the same engine as the Mustang, I hate seeing that. It's the same engine block, that's about it.
            Another thing too I need to do to sell the car is take some pics of the interior and the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post

And the lower intake.
              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Damn that car is pretty. If you were closer and i had money i'd buy it. You may regret getting rid of it later though. Avalon is a nice car, but too toyota-y for my liking. They just don't make a vehicle that i fit in right.

Comment

It's my wife's avalon and yeah it's nice. It has less than 100k and the inlaws kept it clean! I picked up some weathertechs to go with the all leather interior. Navigation, sunroof, the big v6 got some punch. You won't convince her the MGM is better LOL.

I'm sure I'll regret it! Heck I regret it just looking at it in the driveway. I've always liked la pantera.

Comment

+1 You would need national exposure to get that asking price... probably from an enthusiast. Considering what that Rosewood colored one brought recently, it is possible though. The car is definitely in good condition. Might need to put it on Bring a Trailer with the note: no trailer needed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I may do autotrader or facebook next. I dont NEED to sell it. I'll keep yall posted for sure....

I feel like ebay motors works pretty good, but I've never used it. Anyone have experience selling a car on Ebay?

Comment

I sold a car on eBay about eight years ago. Be sure to have a reserve with which you won't be disappointed. Do not run it without a reserve. That only really works with something that is genuinely collectible or exclusive. You could probably get your current asking price or even more on eBay or BAT.
                        —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                          And the lower intake.
                          I knew someone would say that. Let's not forget the distributor, TFI module and EGR valve!

Yeah, put it on Ebay. A colleague of mine just sold (well, his dad just sold) his 1930(?) Model A for $25,000 to a guy in the Netherlands. It looked minty but Christ, 25k for something that barely does 50mph? LMBO.

Comment

Good for him. A car is worth what someone will pay for it imo. As long as it's an honest deal, it's good for both parties.

Comment

Full size American cars seem to be popular in the BeNeLux area of Europe along with the Scandinavian countries. Couldn't hurt to list it on eBay and make sure it's also viewable over there. Most people speak English there, so it's not like you would need to translate it or anything.
                              —John

Comment

I read an article about that 5 years ago or so. I found it ironic that Europeans seem to care more about our cars than we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X