No announcement yet.

La Pantera Metálica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice truck... and yes, sunshade for when you park. It's amazing how much heat the dash can store.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

La Pantera Metálica

Thanks! Yeah and thats the only unprotected angle at this point.
      I think I may need a brake booster. This hiss inside the cab is loud.

Looks a little suspect on the outside.
      Last edited by Salty Dog; 09-10-2016, 02:24 PM.
      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

That's a nice looking GM! I like those wheels covers. I don't think I've seen them before. Maybe from a later model GM?

'93 T-bird
        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
        '88 Mark VII
        '86 CV

Comment

Thanks padna. Pretty sure these are the "luxury" wheel covers that came on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love seeing pictures of this car. So clean! I hope I can pick one up that's this clean!
            —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
            1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
            1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Thanks buddy, there's a few for sale in my area. I'd suggest watching the Austin/San Antonio craigslist. You may be surprised.

UPDATE: Door striker bushings replaced. KYB Gas Adjusts are in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                Thanks! Yeah and thats the only unprotected angle at this point.
                I think I may need a brake booster. This hiss inside the cab is loud.

Looks a little suspect on the outside.
                Does it hiss when you put the car in reverse? It may be the parking brake release. Behind your upper intake on the firewall is the vacuum tree. The bottom-most hose coming off it goes to the brake release. Remove that bottom hose and put a vacuum cap on it. See if the sound goes away. My first '90 had this hose completely severed, which accounted for some of my funny running issues/vacuum leaks. My newest car had some hissing noise inside but once I capped that line off it went away. Worth a shot anyhow buddy. Vacuum cap is much easier than changing a booster if you don't need to.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                  Does it hiss when you put the car in reverse? It may be the parking brake release. Behind your upper intake on the firewall is the vacuum tree. The bottom-most hose coming off it goes to the brake release. Remove that bottom hose and put a vacuum cap on it. See if the sound goes away. My first '90 had this hose completely severed, which accounted for some of my funny running issues/vacuum leaks. My newest car had some hissing noise inside but once I capped that line off it went away. Worth a shot anyhow buddy. Vacuum cap is much easier than changing a booster if you don't need to.
                  +1 for this!
                  ************************************************** ******************************
                  1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
                  1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
                  http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Thanks fellas, Ill take a look

Comment

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-u...2716659&rt=rud

Ceramic tint is for blocking UV heat rays. Its much better than normal tint. I have 60% heat blockage with ceramic, plus no dyes are used so it wont fade. There is no metal like in carbon tint so there is zero interference with BT or radio reception.

I hadn't heard of ceramic tint, but after researching it a bit and feeling it first hand in the TX heat, I am now a believer.
                      It costs more for sure, but this is my wifes town car and my 3 kids ride in the back. There is a ton of glass in this car (especially the back glass) and it gets really really hot.

25% is the legal limit for the front seat windows. All other windows excluding the front can be as dark as you want. I went with 15 all around because i didn't want two toned windows and if I were to have to remove some in the future, it will only be the front. Ill let yall know if it ever happens.
                      Is there anything out there that emulates the unbleached sun-x green tint?

sigpic
                      1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                      302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                      COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Ceramic tint is for blocking UV heat rays. Its much better than normal tint. I have 60% heat blockage with ceramic, plus no dyes are used so it wont fade. There is no metal like in carbon tint so there is zero interference with BT or radio reception.

I hadn't heard of ceramic tint, but after researching it a bit and feeling it first hand in the TX heat, I am now a believer.
                        I put this same stuff on my Townie. It really does make a difference. A/C gets colder than Antarctica. Just don't like how I have to be gentle or use special cleaners. It's easy to gouge it. I've got limo tint on the back windows & 35% on the fronts. I like the way it looks, like a personal limo.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by BigMikeIT View Post
                          Is there anything out there that emulates the unbleached sun-x green tint?
                          I hadn't seen the green tint on ceramic. I checked 3m and llumar.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                          I put this same stuff on my Townie. It really does make a difference. A/C gets colder than Antarctica. Just don't like how I have to be gentle or use special cleaners. It's easy to gouge it. I've got limo tint on the back windows & 35% on the fronts. I like the way it looks, like a personal limo.
                          You mean ammonia free? I think that's for all tint. What specials cleaners are you using?

Comment

I hadn't seen the green tint on ceramic. I checked 3m and llumar.
                            I did a quick search online after clearing my head with a run.

The link below speaks about two companies: Pilkington and PS Auto Glass. Able to get the correct tinted glass. Albeit, the site is for older Mustangs. I would need to call them.
                            http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum...p?topic=6824.0
                            sigpic
                            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                            302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                            COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

I have two cars that have the Pilkington green tint glass windshield. Mine has a heavier tint on top and the rest is full tint. It is decent glass. If you want dark tint, this is not what you want.
                              If I wanted to add tint to windows, I would now go with the ceramic tint. The manufactures have changed things for the better in the past few years. My Subaru's tint was done when new in 03. Highest grade tint used then and professionally installed. Still looks good and has not changed color.
                              Last edited by Mainemantom; 09-14-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

You mean ammonia free? I think that's for all tint. What specials cleaners are you using?
                                Yeah, I bought some stuff that said it was ammonia free, forget what brand. It doesn't work as well as the stuff in a can which I love. If I could've gotten tinted glass instead of placing tint on the glass I would've done that. Why I love factory tint.
                                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                                X