WTB: 96' clock spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: 96' clock spring

Not sure what years interchange with a 96' but I am looking for a clock spring. If anyone has a car they are parting or just has one kicking around let me know.

I've got my original one from the '97. I'd need to solder the three wire connector for the steering wheel controls back on since the original connector was removed to add the older style plug for '92-'95 wheels.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

FYI: part number looked up as F5AZ14A664A

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

and according to this site: fits 95-97
        http://taxipartsforless.com/Airbag-C...ia_p_1617.html

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
          I've got my original one from the '97. I'd need to solder the three wire connector for the steering wheel controls back on since the original connector was removed to add the older style plug for '92-'95 wheels.
          I can do the connector myself. How much are you looking to get for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
            I can do the connector myself. How much are you looking to get for it?
            Let's say $10 plus whatever shipping will be if that's okay with you.

Just a few extra things to point out, I was looking at it and there is a black and purple wire that is cut near where all the other wires run into the clock spring, but seemingly goes nowhere. That wire is for the key-in-ignition chime if you so desire to wire that in. I figured that out when doing the TC steering wheel swap and I had to swap in the multi-function clock spring. It'll also include the connector ends that plug into the clock spring harness under the dash if you need those.

My Cars:
            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Sent you a pm.

Comment

Working...
              X