Merchy88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merchy88

Hey, thank you to everyone that's made this board great- long time lurker, chronic non-joiner of stuff( don't get me going about tapatalk), possessed by panther chassis demons over the last 10 years...

I totaled an 01 civic sept 06 doing 5mph into a concrete parking lot light deal(putting on the seatbelt while rolling, total jackass move), needed a car pronto for work...an old man was selling his recently deceased wife's car and wanted it to go to the right guy- that'd be me.

It's a 1988 Lincoln TC with 51k on it (in 06), gold/beige 3000.00 aftermarket top in mint shape, every receipt they ever did( oh my god the shops feasted on them fierce...)...I paid 1800.00 cash.

I have one good eye and one really crappy eye so of course I bought a car that requires finesse and depth perception in spades😀.

Now it's got 104500, it's 2016, and I am about to part ways with her and it's killing me- I'm embarrassed to admit how much I love I have for this inanimate object that hasn't moved from my house in two years. This is the only place on the planet I can express these sentiments...

Tommy

Welcome. Glad you made it out of the shadows. Why are you getting rid of the car?
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

Panther addiction is a good addiction. No judgement here. Post some pics of it.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Long story made as short as possible

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
        Welcome. Glad you made it out of the shadows. Why are you getting rid of the car?
        Northeast winter related cancer makes it not worthy of life sustaining cash outlay. I bought it and thought I'd be out of it within 6 mos...even then(06), it had the underchrome stuff going on...the holes in the trunk parallel to the hinges, where the water splashes up through a tiny crevice( not all that bad)...I've know from the beginning this was no supermodel lol...

If I put 1000 between parts and labor( for what I won't /can't do), I'd be able to get 900 tops😁

Comment

Welcome...and goodbye?
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            Welcome...and goodbye?
            X2 LoL
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

No way!

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Welcome...and goodbye?
              My Town Car needs to go to someone who'll not crush it...I've kept it as long as I have because I've harbored a thankfully now-arrested case of "drive it to Burning Man as an art car" -itis...sawszalls and glueguns and crazy wimmin fawning over my monstrosity...
              Every day I drive my 07 accent to work I am reminded that it is a toy next to my Lincoln. The Lincoln, with the assist from you folks on the site, has taught me a lot about patience and the value of leaving things be...I have done 90 percent of the work needed over the years- losing my place in a driveway is pushing the inevitable a bit faster...

My next car will be a Box Panther wagon, done up righteously.

Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by Merchy88 View Post
                My next car will be a Box Panther wagon, done up righteously. Tommy
                Try to find a Panther that's spent it's life in a Southern state. Might seem like a chore to bring one home from far away but it's worth it.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Absolutely!

Comment

Do I need to take plenum off to change spark plugs on my 88 Marquis with a 5.0?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    1988 MGM

Comment

no. the plugs should be down next to the exhaust headers so they'll burn you really good if you mess with it after running the car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        no. the plugs should be down next to the exhaust headers so they'll burn you really good if you mess with it after running the car.
                        Been there, done that. I was just checking for wetness on the head covers gasket years ago. I prefer touching a steam pipe if I had a choice. - did that too.
                        sigpic
                        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                        302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                        COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
                          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                          Originally posted by pantera77
                          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks Ryan!
                            Update-
                            I managed to start the beast and move to a safe backyard locale...stopgap measure tho, not permanent...

Instead of the seeyabubbye to the charity flatbed, my TC is getting primped up just enough to sell as-is( for now)...have tons of pics- working on the logistics...

About to commence-
                            Oil change( already had the oil and the filter)
                            Belts change( had the belts)
                            reinstall the driverside door handle cover( have all the pieces, remnants of my hatchet job window motor replacement heh heh)
                            Putting my altimax studded Turbines on so there's turbines all around(they're all saltifucked, was thinking of plastidipping the faces...)
                            Wash and wax for ol times sake

Then the chin scratching begins-what gets left for the next caretaker��, I'm still chewin' on- keep in mind the cooler stuff I do and throw time/ dough at , the less I will want to get out of it---
                            Brakes lines at junction box/powerbrakebooster pissing/ not sure where exactly...
                            Air tubes need replacing, I hate using the putty but ...
                            Both valve covers seeping not horribly...I never let it bug me, it's never been done...
                            Thermostat...have it
                            Spraying the snot out of the parking brake mechanism underneath...
                            Shocks and springs all around...
                            Get pipe/ muffler junction leak dealt with

Other than that, it's a bodywork issue...
                            Tom

Comment

Working...
                            X