No announcement yet.

My 1985 Grand Marquis "Eva"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does rain there ya know... Snows too!
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Yeah, but us northerners have a skewed view of life down south.. Guess southern Arizona is where we want to retire?
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I should just save about 20 grand and buy a shitload of panthers here. Load 'em on a car hauler and deliver them to you guys here and there as I cross the country, lol. Only problem is that i'd end up just wanting to keep them all!

Comment

It was a Kansas car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
            I should just save about 20 grand and buy a shitload of panthers here. Load 'em on a car hauler and deliver them to you guys here and there as I cross the country, lol. Only problem is that i'd end up just wanting to keep them all!
            Dude, you'd be like Santa Claus!

Originally posted by sly View Post
            It was a Kansas car.
            Dust in the wind eh?

Comment

little bit of that too... but more KC than wide open plains IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Not too much happening on this front. Had to push her out of storage earlier this month so the guy I rent the space from could get new garage doors, motor, rollers, and tracks. Spent a few hours on Saturday getting reacquainted with Eva and it just felt, really nice again. Was fun ditching some more trim, inspecting for additional rust/things amiss, and cleaning things out. She's about as ready as she's going to be for chassis swap, body work, and more. Tentatively plan on starting that this winter, but we'll see. Assuming I start on time, I expect this build to be done in four years. Sooner if my job situation continues to improve.....

Got some shots and small update videos coming later this week.
                '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

He lives!

Comment

Whoops been way too busy with work and ensuring I can afford to get shit done with the other cars. Will try to transfer pictures and build update videos from my phone this weekend. Sorry for the delays guys.

Comment

Little build update. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um0LDu5E_DI

Some pictures from earlier, was having two boxes next to each other! Click image for larger version

Name:	tests 403 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	1287346Click image for larger version

Name:	tests 404 - Copy.jpg
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1287347Click image for larger version

Name:	tests 405 - Copy.jpg
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	1287348

Comment

Can't believe it'll be 5 years of ownership in April. Time flies by when doing stuff with other cars in the fleet. I can say with jittery excitement, that 2021 will be Eva's year. FINALLY!!!!!!

-'03+ frame swap (yes, I'm finally getting off the fence. ran the numbers and this is the most cost effective way to make a pre '02 panther handle like a god).
                        -Additional chassis bracing
                        -Custom welded in roll cage
                        -Major rust repairs, from trunk floor to fenders
                        -Weld trim holes shut
                        -Weatherstripping replacement
                        -Power window maintenance
                        -Replace rear windshield with full size piece.
                        -'90-'94 Town Car digidash!
                        -Complete HVAC delete
                        -Audio upgrades

This will clear out a nice chunk of my parts pile. I'm sure there will be some things added as this operation begins in mid April, but that's the bulk of it. Assuming results from this first '03+ frame swap are as good as I expect them to be, you can be damn sure Ebyt and Lana will get that same treatment down the road. Stay tuned.
                        Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 03-26-2021, 03:20 PM. Reason: Cleaned up some typos

Comment

And it begins! Took two trucks and two trailers, but everything got loaded up and made it safely to CT. Fun times! Expect to have Eva back by November.

Comment

Cool. Do you get to mosey on up every now and then to see the progress?
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Going to be really busy between landscaping and starting electrical trade work, so I'm doubtful. But I'm in touch a couple times per week. Just ran through some upcoming parts purchases a la 3.55 final drive, 31 spline TracLok, and some other stuff. Super excited for this. '03+ is looking more and more like the gold standard. Racecar!

Comment

Working...
                              X