minor software update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minor software update

Updated from vb 4.2.2 patch level 4 to 4.2.2 patch level 6. Apparently there was some security issue that this fixes. It shouldn't have changed anything obvious, but as always, please let me know if the sky is falling.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I wish it would fix the bloody mobile site that makes you delete messaged you try to edit. Mobile browser access sucks. I always have to select "use desktop site" and then zoom in and out to avoid deleting anyone's posts I'm trying to quote as the edit button is so close. Tapatalk and the mobile site are also completely useless for polls. Have to "use desktop site" for that as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

the tapatalk is outdated if thats what you're using. Its on my list of stuff to update. I don't use it, so honestly I don't notice problems with it.

VB4 isn't super mobile-friendly. There are other pieces of software that are better. At some point I wouldn't be horribly opposed to transitioning all this to Xenforo but $$, etc. Its got drag and drop attachments and it looks fine with mobile browsers.
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Tapatalk updated. Anyone care to confirm or deny if it works ?

Comment

I use the mobile site on my phone since Tapatalk sucked so bad. The problem with the mobile site is the edit page makes the delete button affect the right half if not more of the screen and not just the button area.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

don't really know how to fix that. Its a mostly un-modified theme so it shouldn't jumble anything too much. Probably just wasn't designed to render on a mobile, and continues to do so poorly. Layout type programming is very much not my thing. I can make the back end of this crap go but the visuals are lost upon me.

Can't update to the latest vb4 release either. It needs php 5.4.0 and the host is at 5.3.26. I doubt that would do any special magic either to be honest.

Comment

hey might have fixed the render issue with that... but yeah... if the host is lagging... no help there. I can deal since my phone has "use desktop site" option.

Comment

Working...
              X