Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 police interceptor

Group have a chance to get parts off an 89 police car
    What can I pull and use on my 90 wagon? Besides the sway bars?

Any chance the 89 cluster or speedo could be used In a 90?

Gauge cluster on '90-'91 is different and won't work buddy. Mostly body/drivetrain stuff is the same, but pretty much everything on the dash is different.

Comment

if you pull the rear sway bar, get the control arms they are bolted to as well. Springs should also be stiffer.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You will get a return on your money if you pull the 140mph speedometer.

Also, if it is equipped with three gauges in a pod above the glove box be sure to grab it along with the oil sender and water temp sender. IMHO the amp gauge is useless so no worries about picking up the shunt wiring....ultimately that can be wired up with determination and an EVTM. These are hard to come by and can be resold.

Seats. Does it have bucket seats? Tan? If so call me. lol

Anything different suspension wise will work for you. Look under yours and look under the 89. If you see anything better under the 89, grab it!

Grab oil cooler if equipped. Mounted on radiator core support behind the passenger side radiator hold down. Be sure to also take the hydraulic lines leading from the cooler to the oil filter adapter. Without it the cooler is quite useless.

May have trans cooler. If so grab the funky bendy line out of the stock radiators cooler that loops to the external cooler.

Power steering cooler may be worth it to grab as well.

Just letting you know about some of the special bits.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Perhaps there is also a special air diversion panel in the front. I never saw one but I think wagonman mentioned that quite some time back. Is the driveshaft aluminum?
          Last edited by jaywish; 09-03-2016, 08:43 AM.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Your front wagon sway bar is bigger 1/8in bigger than the PI. Yours is hollow, the PI is solid but that doesn't make that much difference in this case IMO. They are still good to grab because they don't grow on trees and some people would like to buy it.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Recap:

rear sway & possibly control arms,
              front sway,
              Power steering cooler,
              oil cooler,
              trans cooler,
              air dam/diverter,
              aluminum driveshaft,
              speedo,
              gauge pod and senders for oil and water, possibly wiring for ammeter,
              bucket seats,

anything else?
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

If its a 351 car, grab the AC brackets.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

[QUOTE=jaywish;785781]Recap:

rear sway & possibly control arms,
                  front sway,
                  Power steering cooler,
                  oil cooler,
                  trans cooler,
                  air dam/diverter,
                  aluminum driveshaft,
                  speedo,
                  gauge pod and senders for oil and water, possibly wiring for ammeter,
                  bucket seats,

Got the front and rear bar
                  couldn't get the bolts out
                  Of the lower arms bushings were rusted to bolts
                  But I do have arms on the wagon with both holes
                  But the police ones seemed thicker
                  Can I use the police bar with
                  The civilian arms?

Got the tranny and ps cooler
                  No oil cooler
                  Got the speedo will be selling that
                  No gauge pod
                  No air diverter
                  Driveshaft was bent
                  There was a clock delete too but
                  Left it??

Comment

Also no buckets
                    And 302 no 351 in it

Comment

If you have the arms with the extra hole you have the thicker arms. JBTW, My 89 wagon had the thicker arms without the extra hole.

Good haul. Too bad about the driveshaft.
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Shame no buckets...

The clock delete plate, if in good shape, is a neat item to have. Someone every now and then is looking for one.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If the car has an external regulated alternator, grab the alternator bracket, you can use it for a large frame 3G.

Alex.

Comment

Nice Alex
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Did you say Selling the speedo? Just the speedo or entire cluster? Send me a pm...
                              Last edited by mitymerc; 09-06-2016, 05:54 PM.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                              X