Where to buy water pump bolts/studs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy water pump bolts/studs?

I need a whole new set of water pump bolts/studs for my '89 CV. Where do I buy these things? None of the parts sites I've looked at show them.

Edit: I was searching "bolts" instead of "studs" on the parts sites. Found this: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...ater+pump+stud

I'm assuming this is the right set.
    Last edited by monterey1962; 09-05-2016, 12:21 AM.

I went with the mustang bolt kit.

Found out the kit does not have enough of the proper sized bolts so I then purchased another. Pissed that I still did not have all the sizes I need (one odd ball size that no mustang kit has) I had to grab it from a junkyard. A lot of wasted money on my part. Mustang Kit will get you some of the way there but you will still be missing some.

This does not answer you initial question but should steer you away from what I did.

I also found that some of the arp mustang bolts were just a bit to long so a washer or proper stock bolt was required.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Being it's Labor Day, Oreilly Auto was the only store open. I had to drive to all three stores since each store only carries one of the kit that I linked to above. $10 a kit. Three kits seems like it will suffice. The long stud is replaced by a bolt in the kit, but I think I can clean up and reuse my long stud.

Why is there not a complete kit for these engines with the appropriate studs? Shame on the aftermarket.

Comment

Has anyone ever tried F150 bolt kits? I honestly know jack about the truck accessories, but perhaps that bolt set is more fitting, or between that and the Mustang one you can get a full set.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have a few jars of the stud bolts for sure.
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

ugh, I just broke one of the long water pump studs and can't find one anywhere - anyone know where to buy one of the long water pump studs? I'm amazed these don't exist!
            1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Comment

Dorman 23744

Comment

thx, yeah I did buy that kit but it doesn't have the really long stud that I broke. I guess I'll use the long bolt from that kit and clearance the accy bracket if need be. One less mounting stud on the AC compressor side should be ok.
                1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Comment

Originally posted by drhill View Post
                  ugh, I just broke one of the long water pump studs and can't find one anywhere - anyone know where to buy one of the long water pump studs? I'm amazed these don't exist!
                  Have several sets I've saved over the years can sell you what you need.Which one you need the longest one or one of the others?

Comment

Looks like Jegs has a full set with the extra long studded bolt. https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/83952/10002/-1

Comment

Working...
                    X