Time to start planning carpet replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to start planning carpet replacement

I'm sure some of you have some favorite places to order replacement carpets from so who do ya like and why?

Sent while like doing stuff and what not.
    1990 Crown Vic - Lowered, E303 cammed, Short tube headers, H-pipe and Thursh welded mufflers dumped....MANY UPDATES COMING
    1999 Expedition EB mildy lifted on 33" Toyo's
    2012 4Runner Trail, 33" Duratracs, KDSS,lifted and louder.

ACC supplies many of the auto parts places with the replacement molded carpets. From my experiences, the fit is average to disappointing. The mold that is suppose to fit the specific car is questionable.
    Be prepared to lay it out in the hot sun first to get some of the wrinkles out. Be prepared to trim and cut holes. Buy the upgraded carpet for better quality with padding. I was debating replacing my 75 Ford carpet recently. Based upon previous experiences, I will live with the original stuff that is in it.
    I did luck out and found a nos carpet for one of the Lincolns. Now that is perfect, as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      I did luck out and found a nos carpet for one of the Lincolns. Now that is perfect, as it should be.
      Which Lincoln?
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yeah we did my buds carpet in his grand Cherokee once and we opened the box like...uhhh thought it was direct fit lol. We ended up trimming almost a foot out of the width of it in some spots. So im expecting it, wanted to know who had the best. I'll also dynmat most of the floor while we have it out. Also need to decide if i want to color change it or not.

1990 Crown Vic - Lowered, E303 cammed, Short tube headers, H-pipe and Thursh welded mufflers dumped....MANY UPDATES COMING

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
          Which Lincoln?
          It actually is going into my 89 TC signature. My other 89 TC still has perfect carpet.

Comment

Junkyard carpet isn't too hard to find it you look around enough to find one not completely nasty. Pressure wash and/or steam clean. I'd imagine 90 carpet is similar to aero carpet rather than pre-90 carpet. Anyone confirm that?
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yeah junkyards here....there's a reason the cars are there...not worth the time crawling around then trying yank seats out with rusty bolts to rip out a dirty moldy rug lol

Comment

Working...
              X