Grand marquis hubcap recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand marquis hubcap recommendation?

Afternoon! I just inherited a 1999 MGM in black. The thing only my has 50k on it. It's great! Anyhow, I'm not a fan of the "spoke style" hubcaps that came with it and am looking to get a better looking set. Any recommendations? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. The center caps are still in tact if that helps. Thank you!

Sorry if this is the wrong forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the cheap, I guess you are staying wheel cover. Personally I think the wheel covers you have are the best available for the model year. The chrome is a good contrast for the black. But if you really want to change them, you could run any 16in wheel cover you like for the most part.

Sometimes you can pick up stock Mustang wheel and tire take offs for relatively good prices. They'll bolt on with some spacers.

Or find a set of HPP wheels (direct bolt on) which look freakin awesome on MGM's:
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
      On the cheap, I guess you are staying wheel cover. Personally I think the wheel covers you have are the best available for the model year. The chrome is a good contrast for the black. But if you really want to change them, you could run any 16in wheel cover you like for the most part.

Sometimes you can pick up stock Mustang wheel and tire take offs for relatively good prices. They'll bolt on with some spacers.

Or find a set of HPP wheels (direct bolt on) which look freakin awesome on MGM's:
      It does look really great! What mustang take offs were you talking about? Any ones in particular?

Comment

OOo. I like the HPP's.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Jacklg250 View Post
          It does look really great! What mustang take offs were you talking about? Any ones in particular?

Any five lug wheels from 94+ mustangs. These are the aftermarket fr500's:

If you think spacers anyway, Maurader wheels are also an option.

Basically anything with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern will work - find something you like and we'll let you know if they will work.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Just be aware of the offset. Its different 2002- and 2003+. Mustang wheels also have a different offset, so spacers could be involved.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X