Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling my box?

Hey guys,

So I was new to this forum about a year ago after I bought my 85' crown vic. Circumstances are now occurring where I will not likely have the luxury of having somewhere to park it during the winter. I live in northern Ontario so the winters suck here and I don't want to drive it in snow/salt/ice. It's been a summer car and I would like to keep it that way.

Sooo, I'm wondering how much you guys think it's worth. I'm considering getting it appraised actually. Here's the details:

- 1985 LTD Crown Victoria
    - originally brown, previous owner put several thousand dollar paint job to black
    - tan interior , hole in front speaker grill
    - installed power windows
    - aftermarket power locks in driver side
    - aftermarket sound system from 6.5 rear 6x9, new stereo, rear powered sub with dash adjustable gain knob installed, alpine class D amp. never had it maxed cuzz its too loud :P
    - recently tinted windows all around
    - just installed LSD with the 3.55 gears
    - winters currently on 40% life left maybe, and ~50 all seasons in addition
    - steel rims with dog dish
    - dual speed (MARK VII?) electric fan swap with DC electronics adjustable controller relay (very nice piece)
    - a/f ratio guage installed where clock was (still have clock if preferred)
    - tach installed and can be moved or taken out (i liked it)
    - new rear springs 225, with gas adjust kyb mono shocks in front/rear

Comes with:
    - lightly worked and blended gt40p heads, hardware currently off
    - headman headers sand blasted, high temp painted and titanium wrapped to keep heat out of bay
    - summit brand weiand stealth intake
    - summit 600cfm annular carb
    - chrome air breather and valve coveres
    - carb jet kit
    - braided fuel line
    - summit carb fuel line and pressure gauge ( attached)
    - extra headlights
    - front springs 925 rate
    - new oil and filter
    - full sized spare
    - some extra goodies including gauge holder from the cop cars

Didnt realize how much writing that was going to be LOL. let me know what you guys think. All you US folks might be getting a deal with our crappy Canadian dollar

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0758.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1303597Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0773.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1303605Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0772.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1303604Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0771.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1303603Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0770.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1303602Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0769.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1303601Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0767.jpg
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1303600Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0760.jpg
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1303599Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0759.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1303598Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0774.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1303606

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

considering how clean it is... where you are... I'd say a good asking would be 3K USD for negotiating $2500 USD no problem. Convert to Northern Dollars for what you would need.

Even down here in the no rust zone... that car could command 2-3K USD any day of the week. You will get the lowballers that want to donk/slam it though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Does that say "Shift into drive when in high speed pursuit"?

I'll give you my Fury and $500 for it
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

that sticker that was on it when i purchased the car, it says use overdrive in high speed persuit. As if you wouldnt be already haha.
        Last edited by magnus77; 09-15-2016, 07:30 PM.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

That is a beautiful CV. I could see putting a police package sway bars and coolers on it. Hope the next owner takes good care of it.

Comment

Oh, that's neat. Figured they wouldn't want you to use overdrive as shifting into that is clunky. That is a cool car, I want it but no extra funds.

Comment

Very clean car. In California they'd probably try to sell it for $7000. There's some crazies out here.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                Very clean car. In California they'd probably try to sell it for $7000. There's some crazies out here.
                Some? You're too polite. Just look at what houses sell for out there...

Comment

Nice car. If I bought it I'd have the same problem as you, nowhere to put it.
                  Damn it all to hell.
                  Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                  Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Good luck selling it. I wouldn't take less than 3000 in Saskatchewan personally

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      Some? You're too polite. Just look at what houses sell for out there...
                      Don't I know it. That's why I can't afford to live here...Now if I was on the welfare, I could have the house and an escalade, maybe even RIMS dawg!

Comment

Working...
                      X