No announcement yet.

My 1994 Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see people fixing their cars instead of junking them. Decent work. Decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      Glad to see people fixing their cars instead of junking them. Decent work. Decent price.
      I didn't want to scrap the car because it still runs and drives very well. Most other people would have given up on it.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
        I didn't want to scrap the car because it still runs and drives very well. Most other people would have given up on it.
        I know the feeling. I just can not bring myself to scrap the Town Car. Its too far gone for me to want to sell it and make it someone else's problem, but it runs and drives way too nicely to scrap. I have retired it from DD status although there is nothing stopping mr from being able to DD it like I did for 4+ years. I've put 70-some thousand miles on it without a single non-routine repair, so I can't complain. Just too bad its been in MI its whole life and really shows it with all the rust.
        -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
        1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
        1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

tire fail

On Sat afternoon, I was driving from work to the recycling bins. When I pulled in, I could hear the air leaking out! The driver's side front tire went flat within minutes of pulling into the lot. Glad I wasn't at an intersection! Called my step bro to come and help me. We got the spare on, put some air in it with the mini-compressor, then drove to Canadian Tire. They were able to get the car in and replace the tire that evening. Put another Motomaster AW II on there.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

It's always better changing a tire in a parking lot as opposed to the road.
            Good timing!

-ryan s.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

odometer gears

Sometimes the odometer doesn't work. The heat and humidity seem to be the trigger because it works perfectly when the temps are cooler. Inspection is due next month. Only needs bodywork on the passenger side wheel well to pass. Going to get a few quotes for repair this month. I'll post pics after the bodywork is done.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Wow the job did on the frame is amazing ! nice to see guys saving these cars
                1987 Colony Park LS wagon
                1988 Grand marquis LS sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner02480 View Post
                  Wow the job did on the frame is amazing ! nice to see guys saving these cars
                  There are still a few aero body CV's in my area. Some of them aren't used in the Winter, which is a bonus for preservation.
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

power window failure

The driver's power window crapped the other day. Window is down about 3 inches, so I've got a garbage bag covering it. Rain is in the forecast for this week...I have a spare power window motor that was new and only saw a year of use in my '92 CV. Fingers crossed that it still works, so I won't have to buy another.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Always good to have spare parts! Really can’t have too many until you have so many you forget what you have... speaking from experience.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

the spare parts didn't work...

I have a spare power window motor and regulator but they were seized after sitting in storage for 8 years...The shop installed a new one for the driver's window. The other 3 power window motors and regulators are still working well. The battery and starter have also been replaced. I dropped my CV off a week ago for the bodywork. It should be done this week! Snow tires are in the trunk and they will be installed during inspection time. I hope there's no more repairs needed to pass...My wallet has taken a beating lately.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I still hate power windows. Especially in vehicles with owners who like to have the windows down all the time. The CV eats driver side window motors like no other; and the armrest buttons are beginning to fail. My Mom has the tendency to forget to put the windows up at the end of the day. Killed my Ranger windows real quick because of that

Comment

bodywork pics

The passenger side rocker panel was replaced and the bottom of the fender was fixed. Set me back $700.
                            Attached Files
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

2019 up-date

Recent service history: new battery, oil change and a wheel bearing for the driver's side front. The Winter tires still have plenty of tread. No bodywork was required to pass the inspection this year!
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

2020 up-date

Recent service history: oil-change, front sway-bar links, left front upper ball-joint, brakes hoses, front coil-springs, alignment, muffler and tailpipe. The y-pipe is looking crusty, so I'll have that replaced later this year.
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X