No announcement yet.

My 1994 Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had the fuel pump relay replaced. Car was having intermittent starting/running issues. I hope it will be reliable now! Next plans: undercoating and get a set of winter tires.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Good show!
      ************************************************** ******************************
      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
      1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
      http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Sony tape deck issue

The nob works and the display window lights up but there's no radio function. Pressing the buttons does nothing...
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Check the wiring, if that's ok, then put the original radio back in!
          Works for me every time!

Comment

undercoating

Got the undercoating done today. Next up: find a set of winter tires. Might get a used set off Kijiji to save a few bucks.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Nice car. Some 'Zout' or similar would do wonders for the stained carpet. My 2000 GM was a real mess and that stuff helped a lot.
              David
              1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX
              14 previous Panthers, gone but not forgotten....

Comment

Back in service!

The shift tube broke last month, shortly before Christmas...I had my car towed to a transmission shop who verified the problem but they didn't want to do the work So I had to get my car towed AGAIN. I had the Ford dealership do the repair. After all was said and done, the bill was almost $400 but now the shifter works perfectly!! Fingers crossed that there won't be anymore repairs needed for awhile.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

It's been a while!

I bought a new gas tank and straps back in April. Got a shop to install the parts last week. Inspection is due next month and it should pass. The heater core still needs to be replaced. Planning to have that done by the end of the year...
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                    Inspection is due next month and it should pass.
                    Failed inspection because of the front cross-member and a small section of frame on the passenger side. I'll get repair qoutes...I would like to get a few more years service out of this car.
                    Last edited by 79lincolnlover; 09-26-2017, 10:22 PM.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

It was a good day!

The frame and cross-member have been repaired. Old metal has been cut out and new metal has been welded in. Was undercoated after. Set me back $460 after tax. Scored a heater core tonight for $20: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-...box/1302437975
                      Will have it installed within the next few days
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

frame pics

Before and after: Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2336.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1282436Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2337.jpg
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1282437Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2349.jpg
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	1282438Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2350.jpg
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1282439
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Nice! But a lot of work. Decent price for the amount of labor though. Where I'm at, it would be at least double that price.

Comment

May she live on!
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I think I'd be looking into the internal frame rail rust converter stuff. Eastwood sells one, basically its a spray can with a long-ass tube you shove down through an opening and it coats the inside. Maybe not perfect but its better than nothing.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Man, that rot was pretty advanced. That is actually worse than my Town Car, though the hole in pretty much the same spot on the torque box is getting rather large. I'm not sure I've ever seen the trans crossmember rot away like that on an Aero/Whale, seen lots of boxes do that tho. I may see if I can get a shop to fix my frame, but the rest of the car is rough enough that I'm not sure I want to sink the $$ into it which is why I replaced the car already, but it just won't die.
                                -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                                1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                                1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                                1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Working...
                                X