Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about LTD and marquis

Hello mates.

Ive been wondering if you can put a Ford LTD crown vic rear lights and trunk on a 81 marquis?

And same about the front end.

Basicly.. can u make a ltd crown vic out of marquis body.. ??

Front end is relatively easy. For a 79-87, Swap header panel (with headlights, parking lights, grille, etc) and hood. Your current bumper will work will be slightly off in the bumper guard alignment assuming you have the plastic chunks I call bumper guards - not all cars had them). If you swap to an 88-91, you can keep your hood.

The rear is not impossible but not easy. The rear structure behind your current tail lights is not there on the Ford version. You would need the entire rear section between the quarter panels. Not worthwhile in my opinion - beside the Merc tails are awesome in my opinion.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

The Ferd is the cheaper cut anyway
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Okei thanks for good info mate, soo besides that, the rest is the same ?

Comment

The dash is different pre 90 also if you are going for a complete conversion.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
          X