Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analog clock not working correctly.

Howdy folks.

My '88 TC has had a clock that would randomly shit itself and end up as much as 6 hours behind at times. Most notably when cold but lately it has started to do it when warm. Today I actually noticed the bastard in action. The second hand twitches but stays in the same spot or goes back a second, forward a second and so on. Any idea why and how to fix it? Cluster is the mintiest I've ever seen, probably wont take it out until I have to replace the bulbs but would like to know what's going on with it. I have another I could play with in the mean time.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Maybe you're just going 88 mph too often?

Honestly, I usually take that as a sign the clock is bad. IDK if mine even keeps time, I just think it looks cool.

Comment

The internal works of the clock may need some oil. No clue what you would actually use to lube those internals.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
        Howdy folks.

My '88 TC has had a clock that would randomly shit itself and end up as much as 6 hours behind at times. Most notably when cold but lately it has started to do it when warm. Today I actually noticed the bastard in action. The second hand twitches but stays in the same spot or goes back a second, forward a second and so on. Any idea why and how to fix it? Cluster is the mintiest I've ever seen, probably wont take it out until I have to replace the bulbs but would like to know what's going on with it. I have another I could play with in the mean time.
        Welcome to the club. It's actually strange for one of these clocks to actually work properly all of the time.
        If you obtain a fix, be sure to share as mine does the same thing. Good luck with it.
        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by killgore View Post
          Maybe you're just going 88 mph too often?

Honestly, I usually take that as a sign the clock is bad. IDK if mine even keeps time, I just think it looks cool.
          LoL, if I could turn back time.. Isn't that a Cyndi Lauper or Cher tune?? ::shudder::

Originally posted by sly View Post
          The internal works of the clock may need some oil. No clue what you would actually use to lube those internals.
          Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
          Welcome to the club. It's actually strange for one of these clocks to actually work properly all of the time.
          If you obtain a fix, be sure to share as mine does the same thing. Good luck with it.
          Oh great.. Well guys I think I have a fix! Ashley's clock works perfectly! Might just have to swap it's guts to mine She'll never know...
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
          X