Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other lady

Hey,

Just in case anyone was curious, here's some shots of our (my wife's) VW Beetle:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161012_142910926.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1303637

Name:	IMG_20161012_142922152.jpg
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1303638

Name:	IMG_20161012_142942452.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1303639

It's a 1966 with a newerish 1600cc motor, rare sunroof option (yep, she's a wind-up), new interior imported from Deutschland, new C2 Corvette blue colour (which one I'm not sure.. thought it was Windveil Blue, but that's a mustang colour), front disc brake conversion, rim swap and that's about it.

She's getting treated to an engine/engine bay clean up this winter... so the other cars are going to be parked in the snow (the Beetle usually gets stored for the winter so we can use our garage to keep our daily drivers from being buried alive).
    ************************************************** ******************************
    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Clean little kafer there buddy. Have always liked the old air-cooled VW's and decided at one point I wanted a Type III. Well I got one and that cured me of ever wanting one again.

Comment

Clean on the outside, creme on the inside.
      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

Good colors and good shape. My grandma had a 73 but it had the gigantic tail lights and plastic steering wheel funk. It was also two different bugs pasted together at the windshield post. Yours looks much nicer.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Awesome. I love the horn rings and low back seats on the earlier ones. 1600 would have been a swap too, is it a dual port or single? I think the stock '66 motor was a 1300 cc.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Clean little kafer there buddy. Have always liked the old air-cooled VW's and decided at one point I wanted a Type III. Well I got one and that cured me of ever wanting one again.
            Hahaha, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of this car. Mostly because I'm about 250lbs, so I both don't fit and slow it down.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            Good colors and good shape. My grandma had a 73 but it had the gigantic tail lights and plastic steering wheel funk. It was also two different bugs pasted together at the windshield post. Yours looks much nicer.
            Thanks! Yeah, the later models are sort of a Frankenstein's monster of classic styling and malaise era plastic.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            Awesome. I love the horn rings and low back seats on the earlier ones. 1600 would have been a swap too, is it a dual port or single? I think the stock '66 motor was a 1300 cc.
            You're right. It still says 1300 on the trunk. This motor is a single port, I believe. I know to check the intake ports (1 pipe to one hole means single, 2 pipes to two holes means dual), I just haven't done it. I'll know for sure when the motor comes out (though I also know that is not necessary to check). I may just check this afternoon though, since I'm all of a sudden curious.
            ************************************************** ******************************
            1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

My brother had a '65 with a built 1835 in it. Was a fun car when we were young but completely impractical and miserable for anything other than a weekend toy when you're an actual adult.

Comment

I always thought those were cool little cars. I think the car has a nice color combo.

'93 T-bird
                '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                '88 Mark VII
                '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
                  I always thought those were cool little cars. I think the car has a nice color combo.
                  Yeah, it's pretty sharp looking... other than the fact that it's a Beetle, it's a pretty neat car.

Comment

Ok, so total shit show on the planned engine clean up. Nothing happened this year. Too busy with stuff and snow being the way it was I was happy to have the garage space for the cars we actually use to drive places. Did manage to get a hand brake boot though, so that will be installed when the car comes out of hibernation in the next month or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X