1990-1991 Lincoln Town Car JBL amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990-1991 Lincoln Town Car JBL amplifier

Looking for a 1990-1991 Town car JBL amplifier (one bolted behind passenger side seat back/right side of trunk).
    1992-1994 uses a lower output amp not compatible with my 1990 OEM CD player?

I have the woofer amp.

Part Humber on unit is:
    F0VF-18C807-??
    F1VF-18C807-??

There's one on eBay rip off price.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

I think I've got one of them. Is it the black one? If you have a picture or part number I can cross reference. I hoard JBL stuff.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

They mostly interchange as long as the plugs line up. Some of them have a different top lid that gives different screw locations. Not a problem to swap the lids around as needed though.

Mostly when these quit, its the two chips inside. Not terribly hard to change, if you can find the parts. I cleared out the last 5 that Parts Express had. 2 are reserved for my spare amp.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oh wow great.

I can technically use a 92-94 Amp, but I'd rather use the amp matched to the radio style.

Something else changed on the amps from 1991 to 1992...not sure what it was electrically??

Here's an example of one at a RIDICULOUS price. And the plug was cut!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-LINCOLN...VX4uQ9&vxp=mtr

The part number for the amps I'm looking for (stamped on the amp) is....
        F1VF-18C807-AA
        F0VF-18C807-AA
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

Comment

Thats the one meant for a subwoofer. Is that what you have? I'm more familiar with the 4 channel non-sub amplifier used in the late 80s and early 90s.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Would a premium sound '90 CVLX have the same or similar? I'm sure it's not working in my car so if you want it you're welcome to it.

Comment

That one is the one I have. That runs the four speakers in the car and the gray line sends a signal to the subwoofer amp, which I'm not sure that I have. I personally thought they were low on power and had filters in them to keep the speakers from playing any bass. Guess they eng'n'eer'd it to where the sub handled all the lows from ~400hz down. Wonder how hard it would be to retro fit the older big mammer jammer JBL amps from 80's boxes in instead.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Thats the one meant for a subwoofer. Is that what you have? I'm more familiar with the 4 channel non-sub amplifier used in the late 80s and early 90s.
                Correct it's meant for a subwoofer.gray cable goes to the subwoofer amplifier.
                Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                Would a premium sound '90 CVLX have the same or similar? I'm sure it's not working in my car so if you want it you're welcome to it.
                Actually looking for JBL one - so I have the subwoofer. Thanks though!

Derek - do you have. JBL with the gray cable and plug for sale with a part number on it like that?
                -Nick M.
                Columbia, SC

Comment

Yep, I believe I have exactly what you need. I'll go home and dig for it tonight. No cut wires or any of that BS either. Just don't remember if I nabbed the grey subwoofer too.

Comment

Don't need the gray woofer box so all good. Got that one.
                    Awesome - thanks so much - keep me posted!
                    -Nick M.
                    Columbia, SC

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      That one is the one I have. That runs the four speakers in the car and the gray line sends a signal to the subwoofer amp, which I'm not sure that I have. I personally thought they were low on power and had filters in them to keep the speakers from playing any bass. Guess they eng'n'eer'd it to where the sub handled all the lows from ~400hz down. Wonder how hard it would be to retro fit the older big mammer jammer JBL amps from 80's boxes in instead.
                      They are lower power, specifically because they are frequency limited. The bass is what sucks up the wattage, so splitting that out to a sub allows for a lower power amplifier to make the same midrange a and high frequency sound levels. Its actually a very old trick, dating to the 1930s. The bigger amp won't do you any good though, the speakers can't really produce a lot of bass so it would be wasted. It also has no output to the sub, so its probably an overall step backwards. If you were to hack one of the higher power amps to have the sub, you'd probably end up feeling like it still lacked bottom end because the power levels would not be matched up.

Comment

Oh yeah, it's also what blows up speakers too. That's what I was figuring you'd need to retro fit a line out to the sub amp and then upgrade the speakers to units that could reproduce the frequencies. You wouldn't need all of the lows, just some of the buzzy 150-400hz stuff. I have my aftermarket JBL stuff set up that way, where the 6x9's & 6.5"ers handle stuff from about 120hz and up. IIRC I've got the 6x9's highpassed around 120 and the 6.5's highpassed around 200 or so. Subflaffah handles the rest. Sounds good enough for rock & roll to me. Much better than factory, that's for sure. Had to learn that the hard way as a teen though. "Oh shit man, says these speakers handle 75w RMS and respond as low as 45hz! No need for a sub!!! ::Installs speakers, less than a week later, is rewarded with dead crackly speaker::

EDIT: Looked in basement for amp. Found big mammer-jammer box style JBL amp but not smaller one. Must be in garage. Lots of boxes in garage and feeling a bit lazy about going through them right now

Comment

Haha ok. I understand. Maybe later.
                          -Nick M.
                          Columbia, SC

Comment

Dug around in the garage and found it:

Sent with my phonic while eating biscuits & mustard with French-fried taters mm-hmm.

Comment

Wow that was fast turn around. Cool.
                              What would you like for it plus shipping? USPS FLAT Rate?
                              -Nick M.
                              Columbia, SC

Comment

Working...
                              X