Hello all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all!

Hello all from Michigan. My names Dylan, im the owner of a 1986 Grand Marquis, 3rd owner.
    Second panther chassis for me, had a 1991 crown victoria before it had headers, h pipe with dumps and a full MSD/Ford Racing ignition. Current car has stock mustang headers with slag ground out, summit H pipe modified(learned off this forum) ran and dumped at the rear axle with Raptor mufflers. Ignition is OEM replacement with copper cores and a ACCEL coil.
    Working on finishing a ported and port matched 5.0 HO intake to throw on as well as a modified 5.0 HO throttle body.
    I may be a noob but i can help with the trottle body modifications and the exhaust section(im sure both have already been done anyways).

Welcome!

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

Welcome!

I'm also in Michigan. Originally from the Thumb area, now in Metro Detroit.
      Just daily drivers for me though. My 4th box panther was the first one that I started doing any modding on. It's a '91 MGM "The Ice Car" with headlight relays, 3G alternator, '98-'02 P71 cluster, '92+ F150 remote mount TFI and distributor. My mods tend to be electrical, for now.

Got any Pics of yours?
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
        Welcome!

I'm also in Michigan. Originally from the Thumb area, now in Metro Detroit.
        Just daily drivers for me though. My 4th box panther was the first one that I started doing any modding on. It's a '91 MGM "The Ice Car" with headlight relays, 3G alternator, '98-'02 P71 cluster, '92+ F150 remote mount TFI and distributor. My mods tend to be electrical, for now.

Got any Pics of yours?
        I am from the downriver area, but those soind like good mods! I know these cars do get some electrical propblems from time to time so best to eliminate them if youre good at it haha. I can tell mine will need a 3g upgrade soon, i have some pictures but im not sure how to upload as im VERY new to forums other then general searching.

Comment

Welcome aboard.
          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I'm in the northern suburbs.

As for pictures, from a computer it's pretty easy (buttons at the top of the reply text box). From a phone... I've never bothered and a quick look at the interface seems kind of useless, unless I'm missing something.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome to a fellow Michigander!

Pics of said car would be nice. Also, you say you do the HO swap?? Would you happen to have any extra HO Throttle shaft grommets? I'm missing one, which is all I need to do my swap. That and a LoPo TB spacer which I have been neglecting to go get at the local pick'n'pull...
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Welcome!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
                George Burns

Comment

Welcome to the party! More the merrier I always say. Can't wait to see some pictures of your ride.

Comment

I dont think there is a upliad button on the mobil version which i am on. As soon as i get to my mother in laws tonight ill use the computer there to upload som pictures of my beauty.

Sadly no on the HO swap. im just adding a HO upper and HO throttle body.I might have the throttle body spacer up for grabs soon as I will be doing a EGR delete and will use a solid billet spacer so i can use my stock throttle linkage bracket. I was a fool and sold my A9P computer and harness last year so no HO cam swap im my future.

Comment

I have a Mark VII HO computer if that's what a A9P computer is. I need the grommet thing for my TB.

Comment

The mark 7 has speed density and will not like an aftermarket cam unless its a "computer friendly" one. Comp has some. The A9P is a mustang Mass air flow computer for the automatic cars (SUUUUUPER expensive now along with the A9L manual computers). Are you talking about the rubber transmission (tv cable) kick down bushing?? They usually sell them in a pack at oreillys or aftermarket soild ones at LMR IF thats the bushing youre talkinh about.

Comment

Oh, that. Didn't realize they were worth anything. I've been passing them up at yards for years haha.

Nope, talking about a grommet thing that slides on the throttle shaft behind the linkage to keep dirt out of the throttle shaft's bearings. They're hard plastic. I just haven't had any luck with HO stuff at yards lately. Ford got stupid and even though the TB's are nearly identical they decided to use different setups between HO & NoPo.

Comment

1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

yeah... A9P/A9M/A9T are the automatic mas air Mustang computers. A9L (there's a few other codes, but can't remember those off hand) is the manual trans one. D9S is the HO speed density Mark VII computer for the quick and painless cam swap HO conversion.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X